Chapter 3: First Day

It was dark inside the Stormtrooper helmet but you knew you'd get used to it. You walked out the door and turned on your heel. A map lit up in your helmet showing you your route. You had to patrol the base when you weren't fighting.

You studied the map, you realized it went past Hux and Kylo's quarters. It was the night time so they should both be asleep, or close to it. You took a deep breath as you turned down Hux's hall. As you reached the big door you heard talking. It was your brother and Hux, your face grew hot when you started to listen a little closer.

"Yeah right there!" Your brother called out from the silence of the room. You quickly turned on your heel and got out of there as fast as possible.

You continued your route and walked down Kylo's hall. You removed your helmet and leaned up against the door, you wanted to hear even the slightest sound. As you leaned into the door, not one sound. Your mind wandered as you thought of Ren. You wondered what he looked like, you wondered what he does. Your hand wandered to the DNA scanner. Since you were a commander you had all access.

You removed your glove and right before you placed your hand on it the air smelt like fire, once again, you turned around. You were greeted by Ren standing over you again. He looked down at you before pushing you up against the wall by your throat.

"What are you doing? Trooper?!" He wasn't chocking you too where you couldn't breathe, he was just trying to scare you. "I'm just on my route!" His thumb bore into the back of your neck. "Why where you trying to open my door?" His grip grew tighter.

"I was just curious!" You wished to see his eyes. If he had eyes that is. Only few knew what species Ren was. "Being curious is not wise." He threw you to the floor and walked into his room using the force to open the door. He quickly shut it behind him so you couldn't get 'curious' again.

You sighed and put your helmet back on. Great first impression Y/N. You cursed yourself in wonder. You finished your shift and the sun started to rise on the planet. You decided to go check on your brother and tell him about the job.

You reached the door, and decided to knock. "Who is it?" Hux's voice called out. "It's Y/N." You heard approaching footsteps, the door opened and Hux stood there in full uniform, "Here to see Samuel I assume?" You nodded and he stepped out of the way so you could walk in. You took your helmet off.

Sam was sprawled out on the bed like a starfish, the blanket barley covering his body revealing he had nothing on. You looked back at Hux and he smiled. "Tell him I went to work early, would you?" You nodded and smiled.

Hux left the room shutting the door. You walked over to Sam and shook his arm. "Hux not now I'm to sore from last night." You took a breath in. "Sam! It's me!" Sam's eyes opened and he flinched. He covered himself up. "Y/N! Hey....." you rolled your eyes and plowed yourself on the bed.

Sam snuck behind you and put his underwear on. "Sam...?" He flinched at his name. "Yes?" You turned around to look him in the eyes. "I had another encounter with Ren." Your brother got back on the bed and crawled on his knees towards you snacking on some crackers.

"Ohh what happened?" He sat beside you. "He chocked me, and then he threw me to the ground." You rubbed the back of your neck. "Kinky." Your face fell, "Not funny." He sighed, "Well what'd you do?"

"I was patrolling, and I tried to enter his room. He caught me." Your brother laughed and offered you a cracker. You took it from him. "Why did you wanna go to his room?" You shrugged. "I don't know, I was just thinking about him, and then I tried to open the door." Your brothers eyes grew wide.

"What were you thinking about?" You fell back on the bed but your brother caught your head. "Don't. He didn't change the sheets." You jumped off the bed. "GROSS SAM!" He laughed, "You we're the one who sat down! At least I stopped you!" You rolled your eyes, "I was thinking about what he was... you know like Tatooineian, or Arkanisian." He smiled a little. "Well that you have to find out."

You brushed off the bad advice. "Well I have to get to work. We just got called for a mission. I'll see you later?" He nodded. "Wanna get dinner with me and Hux tonight?"

"Nah you two have fun, I have to work at dinner time. Sleep is for the weak." He laughed but it then faded when he looked down at the bed that he had been hogging three minutes earlier.

"Have fun."