Chapter 21 Growing up

Kendra's P.O.V.

"any luck?" I asked as Jenna walked up stairs. she shook her head. "they won't talk" she sighed sitting at the table. "It's all my fault!" Michelle said as more tears grew in her eyes.

It's been two days and the girls still hate us and Michelle hasn't left the house. to make matters worse non of us know where Sophia is!

"It's not!" I yelled "your not getting anywhere by feeling sorry for yourself!" I continued to yell "Can't I just hurt?!" Michelle yelled back. "you can hurt but-" I cut my self off to settle down a bit "but don't make the rest of us feel bad" I said quietly.

"wow...of all people I would think you would understand" Michelle looked at me in disgust. She stood up and started for the stairs. "well your wrong because i never cheated on Harry!" I yelled after her. She spun around "I never cheated on Niall! I kiss Harry! and it wasn't my fault!" she yelled "what about the second time!" I yelled back. Michelle opened her mouth to talk but was cut off

"ENOUGH!" someone screamed. i thought it was Jenna but when i looked at her she was staring behind me at the basement stairs. i turned around to see Lilly and Jady. "Lilly already lost her parents and I'm tired of all this fighting!" Jady yelled "Fighting? what fighting?" I pretended to be confused "Do you think we're stupid?! we know you all were fighting in England!" Lilly yelled "just cuz we go to school doesn't mean we don't know what happens when we're gone" Jady said crossing her arms.

"You know all the kids at school want what i have...famous parents and a lot of money...but truth is...I'd give anything to have what they have...a normal life...with no drama!" and Jady stormed down stairs.

"Mom...stop being so stupid and fix things" Lilly yelled and ran down stairs.

My heart sunk. for the girls to say that...it's horrible!

There was silence

"I'm still mad at you" Michelle said breaking the silence "me too" I replied. Michelle shook her head, turned around and walked towards the stairs.

"You know...i can't believe you!" I yelled after her "he kissed you...and you kissed him back" I shook my head at her. she held back her tears and walked up the stairs.

I looked over at Jenna. she just shook her head at me. "i think you both need to learn when to shut your mouths" and with that she stood up and walked up stairs too.

I sat in silence feeling stupid!

"Mom?" I heard. I turned my head to see Luke sitting in the chair next to me. "Whats going on?" He asked. I looked at his beautiful green eyes. "nothing sweetie...nothing" I said wiping the tears from my eyes.

Suddenly I felt the warm embrace of my sons hug. "things will get better" Luke whispered. I smiled as my tears made their way down my cheek "I know" I cried and squeezed him.

I couldn't believe how grown up the kids were now! It seemed like they were old enough to speak their own mind in a blink of an eye. it seemed like just yesterday i was comforting them when they had a bad dream and now Luke was comforting me. the thing that I found the most amazing is he knew the exact moment i need that hug.