A Royal Rebel

Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a Force-tastic day! This is going to be another episode based part. "A Princess on Lothal" (Season 2, Episode 12). Now, on with the show!

It was the night Ezra found out about his parents, and he was taking it pretty hard.

I can relate. Ezra is a strong kid, but it can be really easy to forget that he's just a kid...

"How's he taking it?" Hera asked on the hologram.

"As you'd expect. We all knew Ezra wasn't going to get the news he hoped for about his parents..." Kanan said.

Hera's face became very sympathetic.

"I feel so bad for him..." I said.

Ryder, Kanan, and Hera nodded in agreement.

"Governor Azadi, we're grateful you stood by them for so long," Hera said.

"Not sure what good it did. Things don't seem much better here on Lothal." Ryder said.

"At the moment, maybe, but we hope to change that in the future. Speaking of which, Senator Organa heard about our losses on Garel. He's sending us reinforcements. His agent is coming to Lothal with three cruisers."

My eyes widened.

"Really? That's amazing." I said.

"Three cruisers? That is good news. Maybe a mission like this is just what Ezra needs." Kanan said.

"I hope you're right. We'll be there as soon as we can to help." Hera said.

We nodded while Hera's hologram disappeared. I looked up to see the sun starting to rise. I looked at the ground and sighed.

"You okay, Zelara?" Ryder asked.

"Yeah, I'm just... hurting, for Ezra. I know what it's like to lose the people close to you, but Ezra... for him, it's different... The pain he's going through is nothing like what I felt when I lost my parents... It's more... sad, and sorrowful..." I said.

Kanan sighed and patted my shoulder.

"You two are more alike than you know." Kanan said.

I looked up at the Jedi and smiled. The three of us then walked out onto the cliffs where Ezra and Chopper were. My face was painted with concern and sympathy.

The poor kid...

"Ezra, we're going to miss our rendezvous, let's go." Kanan said.

Ezra looked up and nodded.

"If you're going into Jalath City, be careful. Imperial security is bound to recognize you." Ryder said.

"Maybe dressed like this, but who's going to notice two extra Stormtroopers and cadet?" Kanan asked.

Kanan then tossed over Ezra's cadet helmet.

"Great..." Ezra said sadly.

He then got up and walked back to Ryder's camp.

"They know our ship, too. Ryder, any chance we could-" I began.

"Borrow my bike? Take it, but I'm not getting involved any further," Ryder said.

"Even after what the Empire did to you? Come on, get back in the fight." Kanan said.

"I won't go back to prison, Kanan. Please don't ask that of me..."

Kanan and I nodded and went to go prep for the mission. After a while, we hopped on Ryder's bike and headed to the rendezvous. When we arrived, we quickly snuck in and hid behind a TIE fighter. We then saw three Old Republic ships beginning to land.