Lothal Through Their Eyes

Continuation of "My Ex-Pirate" Enjoy!

It's been a few months since I joined the Rebels, and nothing really seemed to change. I met a lot of different people, like Ahsoka and Captain Rex. I even found out that we're part of a greater rebellion. An amazing amount of people that speak out against the Empire.

I'm glad to be part of the Rebels...

Right now, the Rebels and I are on Lothal, making sure everything was in check. I was walking around the plains, chatting away with Ezra.

Thankfully, everything was in check. Thanks to the Loth-wolves protecting Lothal in my absence, Lothal was becoming a little safer...

"Sometimes I still can't believe that you grew up here on Lothal." I said to Ezra.

"Yeah. There's no place like home." Ezra said.

I nodded with a smile.

Even after losing his parents, Ezra still puts on a brave face and fights for what he loves. Now, he's a Padawan, fighting for the galaxy... I honestly couldn't be prouder of him...

"So, what do you think of Lothal, Zela? I mean, three years is long enough for you to feel something," Ezra said.

"I'm five, going on six, years older than you. I'm not that old, kid," I said.

"Just saying."

"But really though. Lothal is a wonderful place. Even though the planet is under the Empire's control, it's the people and the creatures that make this place special."

Ezra nodded firmly.

"Exactly what I feel." Ezra said.

I nodded and smiled softly at the boy. Ezra and I made our way back to the Ghost, where Sabine was waiting for us.

"Hey Sabine," I said.

"Hey, you two. Z, there's this new painting I've been working on, and I need your help with it. Think you can help?" Sabine asked.

"Sure. You lead, I follow."

Sabine smiled and began to walk. I waved goodbye to Ezra and began to follow the blue and teal haired Rebel. I walked into Sabine's cabin and saw a lot of paintings around the room. On the walls and on the ceiling.

"You did all of these?" I asked.

"Yup, sure did." Sabine said.

"They're amazing..."

I really was in awe. She's an amazing artist...

"Okay, so what do you need help with?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't need help with anything." Sabine said.

I did a double-take and gave the girl a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I heard about what happened, to you... and your parents..." Sabine said.

My face darkened and felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Zelara, I'm so sorry. Coming from someone who been through a similar situation, I know how it feels..." Sabine said in a soft voice.

Not wanting to cry, I slightly turned away from Sabine.

"You're not alone anymore, Zelara. You have us, the Resistance, and the Lothwolves. We've all been through that time one way or another, but that's in the past. We're all in this together, no matter what." Sabine said.