Trials and Tribulations

Here's another episode based chapter for you guys. "Trials of the Darksaber (Season 3, Episode 15). Enjoy!

It was an unexpected busy day at Chopper Base. Shipments and cargo were coming in from all over.

It was kind of overwhelming...

I was helping Sabine, Chopper, and AP-5 with the shipments that were coming in. When I looked over at the Ghost, I saw Fenn Rau get off his speeder.

I was actually waiting for him to arrive.

"Right on time, Rau." I said.

"When am I ever late?" he asked.

Rolling my eyes, the two of us walked on the Ghost and headed to Kanan's room. When we arrived, Rau opened the door and we saw Kanan meditating.

"You wanted to speak with us?" Rau asked.

"I've got something to show you." Kanan said, gesturing his hand to let us enter.

Rau and I walked in and sat apart from the blind Jedi.

"What's this about?" Rau asked.

Kanan then held up what appeared to be a lightsaber.

"A lightsaber?" I asked.

"Not just any lightsaber." Kanan said.

Once he activated it, the blade was black. My eyes widened in amazement.

I've never seen a black lightsaber before...

"Whoa..." I said as Kanan moved the blade around.

"It can't be," Rau said.

"So you recognize it?" Kanan asked.

"That I do. It is the darksaber, a symbol for the leader of House Vizsla, and later, the group known as Death Watch."

The darksaber, huh...?

Kanan nodded and deactivated the weapon.

"I've never seen a lightsaber like that before." I said.

"I didn't know Mandalorians developed a type of lightsaber." Kanan said, handing the weapon to Rau.

"We didn't. This was one of a kind. Legend tells that it was created over a thousand years ago by Tarre Vizsla, the first Mandalorian ever inducted by the Jedi Order. After his passing, the Jedi kept the saber in their temple. That was until members of House Vizsla snuck in and liberated it. They used the saber to unify the people and strike down those who would oppose them. One time, they ruled all of Mandalore wielding this blade." Rau said.

Heck of a legend...

"This saber is an important symbol to that house and respected by the other clans. I imagine Sabine was excited to recover it," Rau said.

"You wouldn't know it." I scoffed.

"After we got back from Dathomir, she gave it to me for safekeeping and hasn't brought it up since." Kanan said.

"She doesn't want the responsibility."

Kanan looked off to the side and nodded slightly.

"Kanan, Zelara, if Sabine can wield this saber, she can reunite one of the most powerful houses in all of Mandalore," Rau said.

"You're talking about raising an army." Kanan said.

"With Sabine leading it."

Kanan and I looked at each other with concerned expressions.