Like Father, Like Daughter

Hey everyone! This is an episode-based chapter. I was watching the episode and I thought it would be perfect for this story. "Homecoming" (Season 2, Episode 16). Again, one of my favorites. Now, let's dive into this chapter!

"Hurry up, Zeb!" Hera cried.

Okay, background check. The Rebellion, the Rebels, and I were transferring cargo from one of our friends. Problem; a swarm of TIE fighters and a Star Cruiser, all shooting at us...

"Cargo secure." Zeb said.

"Cargo transferred. Thanks, Phoenix Squadron." said one of the pilots.

The Hammerhead Corvette soon disappeared into hyperspace.

"Alright, let's get out here." Hera said.

When some of our ships began to jump into hyperspace, a transmission came through.

"Phoenix Leader, my hyperdrive is damaged! Requesting to dock!" said a pilot.

"Make it quick, Phoenix 2, these fighters are closing in!" Hera said.

I quickly went down to prepare the airlock, when I looked out the window and saw an A-wing ship explode right next to us. I cast my eyes to the ground and punched the wall.

Karabast...

I went back to the cockpit and sat next to Hera.

"Hera..." I began.

"I know, Zel... I saw..." Hera said.

"We have to jump now!" cried a pilot.

Hera fought back the frustrated tears and followed the other ships into hyperspace. I leaned back in my chair and watched as Kanan came through the door. I gave him a sad look before averting his gaze. Kanan patted my shoulder and sat next to the Twe'lik.

She was so close, too...

I turned my attention back to Hera and saw that she was talking with Commander Sato.

"We're not just losing fighters; we're losing pilots faster than we can replace them." Hera said.

"Until we can find a base, we need some place to land our ships." Kanan said.

"And how are we going to do that?" I asked.

"Perhaps we can solve both problems at once. There have been reports from one of our Rebel cells saying that there's an Imperial carrier over their world. If we can steal it, we may be able to house our fighters." Sato said.

I sighed and leaned in close.

"That would be incredible, but it's going to take a miracle for that to happen, Sato. Do you know where this carrier or cell is?" I asked.

"The cell and the carrier are located in the Ryloth System." Sato said.

"Ryloth...? I know the cell you're talking about. I'll go contact them..." Hera said.

She then ended the transmission and began heading for the door.

"You're actually going to talk to him?" Kanan asked.

"What choice do we have? We need that carrier..." Hera said.

She then disappeared into the next room. Ezra soon came in with a very confused look.

"What's wrong with Hera?" he asked.

"Yeah, and what's wrong with Ryloth?" I asked, turning to Kanan.

Kanan stared at us and then sighed.

I think I know why...

A few minutes later, an old Republic transport ship came and docked on the Ghost. The Rebels and I walked to the docking door when I noticed Kanan straightening his collar.