A Rebels Christmas

Hey everyone! Christmas is right around the corner and I was thinking, why not write a Christmas-themed SWR chapter? This is going to be an AU (alternate universe) where the Rebels didn't know about Zelara's past, and she's very distant from the Rebels during this time of year. Now, on with the chapter!

It was a bright morning on Lothal, and I was outside meditating.

My Master said that meditating is good to relieve stress and tension. He was right.

Replays of my parents getting killed kept passing through, and it made me lose focus a couple of times.

"Ugh, what's the point...?" I groaned.

I got up from the ground and walked back inside the Ghost. I then noticed colorful lights draped all around the Ghost.

What the...?

Then, I saw Sabine slide down the ladder with a box in hand.

"Hey, Sabine, what's going on?" I asked.

"Don't you know? It's almost Christmas!" she responded cheerfully.

It felt like a lightsaber just went through my heart.

"I didn't know you guys celebrated Christmas..." I said, my voice a little shaky.

"Why wouldn't we? Christmas really brings this crazy crew closer together." Sabine said.

I nodded silently.

"So, what's in the box?" I asked.

"Oh, just some ornaments and lights. Want to help put them up?" she asked.

"Well, I got nothing better to do..."

I soon found myself helping Sabine put up the lights and ornaments around the Ghost.

Why am I doing this? I really don't like Christmas...

When Sabine and I finished putting up the decorations around the cockpit, Chopper and Zeb walked in.

"Hey, you two. What's up?" Sabine asked.

"Hera wants all of us in the common room." Zeb said.

"Okay. We'll see you there." I said.

Zeb nodded and walked out of the cockpit with Sabine in tow. Chopper was about to leave but stopped when he saw that I wasn't following. He then asked me what's wrong.

"Nothing's wrong, Chop... It's just... I really don't like Christmas..." I admitted.

Chopper beeped and buzzed.

"I know, hard to believe, but it's true... I lost count at seven, but this is going to be another year where I spend Christmas without my parents... They were struck down by an Inquisitor years ago... Ever since then, Christmas has been the hardest thing for me to get through..." I said sadly.

Chopper buzzed softly, and I smiled.

"Thanks, Chop. Just, promise you won't tell the others?" I asked.

Chopper nodded and strolled to the common, with me in pursuit. When I got to the common room, the Rebels were there waiting for me.

"Sorry, had to grab something from my room." I said.

"It's okay." Kanan said.

"So, what did you want to tell us, Hera?" Ezra asked.

"As you all know, Christmas is in a few days, and we're low on certain decorations. Tomorrow, we're heading to an ice planet called Alvera to pick up a tree." Hera said.