Don't Mess With My Pack {Part 1}

Something I've been wanting to do for a while now. Continuation of "The Ace Pilot Race" Enjoy!

It was a week after the great race between Hera, Val, Hobbe, and Wedge, and word about it still lingered around the base.

I think that race really motivated the other pilots to be at their absolute best. Plus, it was a big stress reliever.

Walking around the base, I noticed that it was really quiet.

A little too quiet for my taste...

There was no one in sight. Going to the ship docks, I saw that all the A-wings weren't there. Checking the storage depot, the only person, or droid I should say, was AP-5 doing inventory.

"Hey, AP. Why is it so quiet? Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Oh. I believe everyone is trying out the race track you and the others made a week ago." AP-5 said.

Should've expected that. I mean, who wouldn't try out that racecourse?

Thanking the droid, I walked over to the cliff near the Ghost and saw many pilots used the racecourse for their own fun. Smiling, I sat down at the edge of the cliff and watched the pilots enjoy themselves.

Even though I don't like how quiet the Empire has been, I'm glad we can use this time to let loose and relax for once.

My smile faded at the thought.

Why has the Empire been so quiet? With Thrawn in charge, I expected more noise than silence. Whenever the Empire's this quiet, they're usually working on something big, but what is the question...

Even after shrugging off the thought, it still lingered in the back of my mind.

"Commander June to the command center for priority message." said a man over the PA.

Standing up, I walked to the command center in a hurry.

"Message from Diella Pierce of the Starbreaker Brigade, ma'am." said one of the workers.

"Put her through." I said.

At my command, the worker activated the hologram and a holographic image of the Starbreaker Brigade symbol appeared.

"Greetings my dear friend. I bring you urgent news from a planet that you may be familiar with," Diella said.

"Maitlyn?" I asked.

"No. Lothal."

I pulled back in surprise.

"What's going on there?" I asked.

"My brigade and I were scouting the planet for any Empire activity. Of course, there were, but something felt... off when we arrived on Lothal. Like, something was... missing," Diella explained.

"Missing how?"

"I cannot go into detail, for I do not know. I will keep you posted if I discover anything. Diella out."

Once the symbol disappeared, I was left in concern and worry.

What could have happened on Lothal...?

Letting out a deep sigh, I walked back to the cliff and watched the pilots zip around the course. Wanting to clear my head from all the concern and uncertainty, I began to meditate. The sound of the pilots' joyous cheers made a small smile form across my face. The thought of what could've happened on Lothal still lingered in the back of my mind. Breathing out a sigh, I opened my eyes and sat upright, letting my legs dangle over the edge of the cliff.