Light, Dark, and the Bendu

Hey everyone! I'm back! I missed this book so much. Believe it or not, online school is fun, but the work I get isn't... Anyway, this idea was given to me by my best friend HowlSeeker. This takes place during (Season 3) This will be the start of a new arc, so be ready for it. Now, on with the story!

"Ever since you became blind, I can never beat you in duels anymore," I said.

"It's not my fault. At least being blind put an end to your gloating," Kanan said.

"I don't gloat."

"Yes, you do."

I groaned and rolled my eyes while Kanan chuckled.

The Rebels and I were at Chopper Base taking it easy. With everything that's been going on with the Empire and the Rebellion, getting a day like this is as rare as a violet kyber crystal.

"So much has changed." I said.

"Like your hair?" Kanan asked.

I laughed as I ran a hand through my loose, brown, and black hair.

Sabine's touch...

My smile soon faded, and I stopped in my tracks and sighed.

"Everything alright?" Kanan asked.

"Yeah, it's just... I'm still trying to take in everything that happened on Malachor... You and the death of the Inquisitors, Darth Vader, and... Ahsoka..." I said.

Kanan placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a weary smile.

"I know how you feel... she was a great friend." Kanan said.

"And an amazing Jedi." I commented.

Kanan sighed and nodded.

"I'm heading back to the base. You coming?" Kanan asked.

"No, I just need some time to myself." I said.

Kanan patted my shoulder before walking away. I watched him go and sighed deeply.

Wish Ahsoka was here...

I looked out into the distance and watched the Crawlers scurry across the Atollon earth. I sat down on the ground and watched the sun slowly set. A bogan scampered up to me and placed itself underneath my hand.

Cute little things, they are...

I then felt the creature's emotions through the Force; nothing but fear, and I knew exactly from what. Feeling a presence behind me, I cradled the bogan in my arms and stood up.

"I know why you want him, but he has done nothing to you." I said.

Hearing nothing but soft thumps on the ground, I continued.

"There are others out there, you know. Leave this one and leave in peace." I said.

After saying that, I watched the Crawler behind me walk ahead and disappear into the light of the sunset.

"You're safe now." I said.

I then set the bogan on the ground. It let out a small cry and scampered off. I smiled as I watched it go.

"Come..."

I whipped my head around when I heard the voice, but no one was there.

"I'm losing it." I said.

"Come..."

There it is again...

I looked all around but didn't see anything.