Jedi Mind Over Matter

This is just a random little skit I came up with. Hope you find it enjoyable!

"No way! Absolutely not!" I said.

"Yes, way!" Ezra said.

It started off as a normal day on Atollon until Ezra said something highly unlikely.

"Ezra, I've mastered almost every Force ability there is and came up with my own! What makes you think you're better at the Jedi mind trick than me?" I questioned.

"Well, for one, I don't get ticked off that easily." Ezra commented.

I shot ice-cold glares at my Padawan, allowing my eyes to shift from brown to ice blue.

"Case in point." Ezra said, wearing a smug eating grin.

"Case denied. At least I don't whine and complain when something doesn't go my way." I said, my eyes turning back to brown.

Ezra glared at me with his striking blue eyes. His annoyed frown soon curved upwards into a competitive grin.

"All right. How about a little challenge?" Ezra asked.

The kid's words made me raise a curious brow.

"What kind of challenge are we talking here?" I asked.

"A Jedi mind trick challenge. Said ability only works on the simple-minded, so why not try and use it on those who are Force-sensitive like us?" Ezra suggested.

I pulled back and let the corners of my lips curve into a grin.

Interesting...

"I like that. Makes it a real challenge since the Force-sensitives here on this base are far from simple-minded. So, who are the test-dummies?" I asked

"Since Kayla and Nerezza are here, why not them?" Ezra suggested.

"All right, and if we end up in a tie, Kanan is the tiebreaker."

Ezra's grin couldn't get more mischievous.

"I like the way you think. Loser has to admit that the winner is better at the Jedi mind trick than them. Deal?" Ezra asked, extending his hand.

Plastering on a competitive grin, I grasp my Padawan's hand and shook it.

"Deal." I said.

Breaking our handshake, the two of us went to look for Nerezza.

"Oh, and another thing. We absolutely cannot tell Nerezza, Kayla, and Kanan about what we're doing," Ezra said.

"Like that wasn't obvious. What about Hera, Sabine, Zeb, Chopper?" I asked.

"Nah. Knowing Chopper, he's going to tell on us."

The thought made the two of us chuckle. Once we reached Kayla's ship, we saw said Jedi's Padawan, polishing her cortosis daggers.

"Ladies first." Ezra said, nudging my shoulder with his.

Rolling my eyes at my Padawan, I walked up to my friend's apprentice.

"Hey, Nerezza." I called put.

The Umbaran turned around to the sound of her name and she smiled when she saw me.

"Hey, June. What's up?" Nerezza asked.

"Oh, nothing much. Just training with my Padawan." I said.

Nerezza nodded and stayed silent. I took her silence as my cue to continue.

"Weird question, but can I see your lightsaber for a second?" I asked.

The Umbaran cocked her head to the side in confusion.