Forgotten Memories and Uncovered Secrets

First, a huge thank you to my IRL friend, Xaliber_gaming28, for giving me this suggestion and helping me with certain details for this part. Continuation of "Homecoming" Enjoy!

"Ah... It's nice to be back on Lothal for a change." Ezra said.

"I agree." I said.

The Rebels and I were on Lothal to make sure everything was in order. Thanks to the Lothwolves, there were only minor problems on Lothal. Ezra and I were relaxing in the fields, accompanied by some Lothcats. I stared off to the side and allowed myself to be lost in thought.

So much has happened over the few years I've been with the Rebels. I met legendary Jedi Masters, met Zunela, reunited with Isen, Diella, and Kayla, acquired a new lightsaber, met Aralez, battled and ended Crowvern, and made a new friend, Nerezza. Can't believe all of that happened in such little time. Such is the way of things...

"Zelara?" asked a voice.

My head shot up to the sound of my name. Turning my head, I saw Ezra with a puzzled look on his face.

"Yes, Ezra?" I asked.

"You okay? You must've been really deep in thought. I've been calling your name for almost 6 minutes now." Ezra said.

My eyes widened at the time duration.

"Really? Well, sorry for worrying you." I said.

"What were you thinking about?" Ezra asked.

I leaned my head back against the rock behind me and exhaled a heavy sigh. The Lothcat that was on my lap leaped off and snuggled under my stray hand.

"Just thinking about all the memories I've made with you and the others over the years." I said.

"Yeah, I agree. So much has happened ever since you arrived. The adventures we went on, the planets we visited, the people we befriended, the allies we made." Ezra said, smiling.

I smiled at my Padawan and turned my attention to the endless, rolling fields.

I know there is still so much the galaxy has to offer us, but... are we ready for it...? Am I ready for it...?

I was soon brought back to reality when I felt a strong presence next to me. Turning my head upwards, I saw Atlas staring down at me with his piercing blue eyes.

"It's good to see you again, Atlas." I said, placing my hand on his nose.

Atlas let out a low groan and placed his nose on my cheek. His kind gesture brought a smile to my face.

"I'm going to head back to the Ghost. Are you coming?" Ezra asked, standing up.

"I'll catch up with you in a little while." I said.

Ezra nodded and started walking back to the Ghost. I let out a sigh before looking up at Atlas.

"Ever since I met you and the Rebels, things have never been so different." I said.

Atlas breathed out and nodded.

"But I know there is so much the galaxy has in store for us; has in store for me. And I know that there are still so many secrets my mother has back at home on Maitlyn, I just... have to find them." I said.

Atlas groaned and laid his large head in my lap. The Lothcat under my hand retreated and climbed on Atlas's head, soon getting comfortable and laying down. I smiled down at the two creatures and ran my fingers through the hazel and silver fur. I looked up at the clear sky and let a sigh disappear into the air.