The Wolf and The Crow {Part 5}

Part 5, here we go! Enjoy!

"Block high, Zel!" Aralez cried, bringing down her weapon.

I raised my lightsaber just in the nick of time before Aralez cut me in half.

Five days, Crowvern gave me to train. I thought it would've been enough time but the more I thought about it, I feel like each passing day is going by quicker than the last...

Aralez backed off and looked at me with concern.

"Everything alright, Zelara? You seem distracted," Aralez said.

"Sorry Ara, I don't mean to wear you down. It's just that, every day feels like it's going by quicker than usual. I guess I'm a little stressed out." I confessed.

"No need to apologize. Since I'm you, I can understand what you are feeling. I'm a little shaken up as well." Aralez said.

I turned to Aralez with a surprised look.

I know we share the same emotions, but I'd never guess she feels stressed out as well...

After a while, my face fell, and I turned my attention to the ground.

"Hey." Aralez said, voice bringing me back to reality.

I turned to her with a tired look.

"Answer me this. What do you hope to gain from battling Crowvern?" Aralez asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Let me rephrase that. Why are fighting Crowvern? What are your intentions?"

My intentions...?

"To avenge those who he slaughtered, especially my parents." I said.

A soft smile spread across Aralez's lips.

"Why am I not surprised? You have always put others' needs before your own. Your intentions outweigh Crowvern's in so many ways than one. He intends to become more powerful, but his ambitions, greed, and pride are going to be his downfall. If you are fighting for the greater good, there is no doubt in my mind that you will not falter and win this battle." Aralez said.

I let Aralez's words sink in before smiling at her.

"Thanks, Ara." I said.

"Anytime. Now, let us get back to training, shall we?" Aralez asked.

Nodding firmly, the two of us started training again. We trained until nightfall. Not wanting to overdo it, I insisted that we stop until the next few days.

The days went by slowly and I was able to train at my own pace. The next morning, Kayla trained with me and taught me some powerful flips and kicks; after that day, Kanan and Ezra trained with me and showed me some combo moves to do with Aralez if the situation were to arise; after that day, Aralez trained with me once more and taught me how to take hits and dish out double the damage; on the fifth and final day, Aralez, Kayla, Kanan, and Ezra all agreed to train with me.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this Zel? This seems, very unsafe." Kayla asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. I don't know what kind of tricks Crowvern has up his sleeves; I just want to be ready for anything." I said.

I had asked Kayla, Kanan, and Ezra to duel with me and Aralez.

"Ready Ara?" I asked.

"Ready Zel." she replied.

When we merged, I drew my weapon and ignited the blade. Kayla and the boys did the same. Kayla was the first to strike when she ran up to me and brought down her lightsabers. Raising my own, I was able to stop her attack. Sensing the boys running up behind her, I pushed Kayla away and somehow managed to stop the boys' attacks.