Zelara's Birthday Surprise

Hey everyone! If you haven't guessed already, this is being posted on my birthday today! Sweet 16 this year! Anyway, enjoy!

Today is a really special day for me.

Today is my 22nd birthday!

I sat up on my bed and yawned. When I opened my eyes, I saw my mother.

"Happy birthday, my little star." she said.

"Thanks, Momma." I said.

I got up and embraced her. Momma stroked my hair and kissed my forehead.

"What do you have planned for today, sweetheart?" Momma asked.

"I don't know. Maybe hang out with the Lothwolves and go on long walks across Lothal. That's what I usually do," I said.

"Do the Rebels know your birthday is today?"

"I honestly can't say. I don't think I told them. If I did, I forgot."

Momma chuckled and patted my head.

"Well, your day will get better soon enough. Happy birthday, Zelara. I love you." Momma said.

"I love you, too..." I said.

I hugged her once more before she disappeared. I sighed with a smile. I put on my turtle-neck sweater and threw on my long, white scarf over it. I sighed with content and walked into the common room where I saw Hera, Sabine, Chopper, and Zeb.

"Morning everyone," I said cheerfully.

"Morning Zel." Hera said.

"You sure are cheerful today." Sabine said.

"Nah, today's just a really special day."

"Really? Why's that?" Zeb asked.

My smile faded in an instant.

"Oh, no reason. Every day is a special day for me..." I said.

"Glad you feel that way." Hera said.

I forced a smile and walked out onto Lothal's plains where I saw Kanan and Ezra training.

"Morning guys." I said.

The two Jedi turned around and smiled.

"Morning," Kanan said.

"You're in a good mood today." Ezra said.

"I have my reasons," I said.

"Want to train with us?"

"Sure!"

I ignited the Lone Wolf Saber and readied it. Kanan and Ezra charged at me and brought down their sabers. Luckily, I was able to block them, and Force pushed the two away from me.

"You're going to have to do a lot better than that." I said.

Ezra ran up to me and swung his green saber near my side. Being quick on my feet, I flipped over the weapon and landed in a crouch. I swung my leg and tripped up Ezra. I then pointed my lightsaber at him for him to stay down.

"Sorry, Ezra." I said.

Feeling Kanan's presence, I held out my hand and stopped Kanan in his tracks with the Force.

"Sorry, Kanan." I said.

"Good reflexes." Ezra said.

I deactivated my weapon and released the two Jedi.

"Well, have fun training you guys. I'm going to check up on the Loth-wolves." I said.

"You can't!" Ezra cried.