Chapter 19- Bad Decisions

Jessica's P.O.V.

I wake up with a start, unsure of my surroundings. It takes me a moment to remember that I'm at Alaric's apartment. I also remember my dreams and know that Bonnie and Elena are in trouble. I hurry off the couch and head to the bathroom to change. When I leave, I see Alaric making coffee in the kitchen area. "Hey, you want some?" He asks, but I hurriedly shake my head, making him realize something's wrong. "Hey, what's up?"

"Something is wrong with Bonnie and Elena. A vampire has them, I was dreaming about it last night. I have to go help them," I tell him, rushing to the door.

"Woah, Woah, do you want me to come with you? Are you sure you can handle this by yourself?" He asks, concerned. I give him a small smile before answering as I walk out the door.

"I always do this by myself and let's not forget who's more experienced." I head out to my car and immediately head to the motel I saw in my dreams. As soon as I get there, I can feel Bonnie's magic and track it to a room. I can hear Ben McKittrick, the guy Bonnie went on a date with, taunting them. Suddenly, he shouts and I see the door open before it closes and I hear the deadbolt turn. I focus my magic making the deadbolt turn quietly before getting a firm hold on my stake and kicking the door open. It takes a second for me to focus on Ben but when I do, I throw the stake, making a clean shot into his heart, killing him instantly.

The girls both look at me in shock before Bonnie throws herself into my arms. "Jessica, how did you find us?"

"I had a dream about it and then I could feel your magic when I got here," I explain but Bonnie, having no idea I am a witch, looks at me confused. "Come on, we don't have time for this. Let's get you out of here before the other vampire comes back," I tell them and they both hurry out and to my car. Bonnie sits in the back while Elena sits next to me in the front.

"Jessica, the other vampire, it's—" Elena starts.

"Anna," I finish. "Yeah, I know. I knew she wouldn't hurt Jeremy but I was too angry last night to think if she would hurt you." Elena goes to say something else, but I cut her off with a glare. I drive them to Bonnie's gram's house, where Elena texted Stefan to meet them. He's already there when we arrive and Bonnie leaves the car immediately while Elena stays.

"Thank you for saving us," she tells me.

I keep staring out the windshield as I answer. "You're still my sister, Elena, whether you hurt me or not. I guess I just thought I was more important to you, but then again, no matter how important someone is, there will always be someone more important, right?" I can feel Elena debating with herself about what to say next. After a few moments, she speaks.

"Bonnie said that Care is at her dad's for the weekend and Liz was working last night, so where did you stay?"

"With a friend. I told Jenna, don't worry. They talked to her too and she said as long as I was safe," I inform her, remembering the call Alaric made to Jenna last night.

"I'm going to try and convince Bonnie to open the tomb for Damon. Once he has Katherine, he'll leave and then maybe you can find it in yourself to forgive me and see that I was trying to protect you," she tells me, going to open the door, but I can't handle it anymore and click the lock before turning to her.

"Protect me, Elena? You helping him hurt me more than him doing it on his own. You did this and you're an idiot if you think I'll forgive you for opening the tomb because Bonnie and her Grams won't be strong enough to take the veil down and put it back up. They'll try and lock him in and he'll see that I was right and Katherine isn't there and then someone will get hurt taking it down. But you'll still do it, thinking that Damon being out of my life will protect me, but guess what, Elena. I don't need your protection and I don't want it," I yell at her before unlocking the car, telling her to leave.