Chapter 53: Freeman

LISA's POV

Now everything makes me anxious too. Not because of the proposal I did but what could happen after that.

Would I be able to live longer when I reach my 30s? Gosh! I'm 28 now. And time flies faster than we think.

I really want to leave something before I go. Wherever this life would bring me. I really want to make everything right before it happens.

"Is this the spot?"

"It sure is."

Minzy unnie and Jisoo unnie started their thing. We're currently in our mission. The last chip we need is hidden behind this wall. And we're about to break it, silently though. We're the only ones here and hopefully, we can make it.

Sowon unnie and Yerin unnie is making something. It looks like a ladder. Eunha is holding a plank. I don't know what's the use of that actually.

"How long would it take us to get through the other side?" I asked.

"This wall is something and the other side is another." Anda unnie replied while tying something. It's a thin thread-like wire and another rope.

Umji is busy staring at the wall when we heard something. I turned to her and we saw her froze while staring down. We approached her and saw her, stepped on something.

"W-Wait. A-Are there explosives here?" she asks shakily.

"Don't move." Jennie said and leaned down to check.

Yeeun shook her head and grabbed her bag. She took out something and walks to Umji.

"Let's see." she said and turned on the tool. She moves it near the thing Umji stepped on.

"Take away the magnet!" Jisoo unnie yelled all of a sudden that got us all startled. Yeeun immediately pulled it away cause of her yell.

"Are you crazy? You can't use that. Electromagnetic field could cause concussions, we don't know what kind of bomb is that! You want to blow us up in here? Aish!"

"Wow. Chill. I'm sorry.. there. Turned off." Yeeun mutters and puts the thing in her bag again.

"It's not a bomb. It's some kind of alarm." Jennie mumbles.

I roamed my eyes around us and look for something. A switch maybe or something that could dampen it.

"There." I said and walks towards a closed metal box on the wall.

I took Jisoo unnie's hammer and hit the lock. I examined the inside.

"Yerin unnie.." I looked at her.

"Let me see. Uh-huh.. red and blue. Cut them, Lisa. Simultaneously." she said.

I nodded and borrowed something from Anda unnie. Then I looked at Umji and nodded. She nodded back, still standing there, frozen. I bit my lip and then cut.

"Try it." Jennie mumbles.

While her whole body shakes, she slowly moves her foot and we saw the metal went up. We sighed in relief and continued the mission.

•••••

Third Person's POV

"See that light, Lis? That should stay green. If it turns orange.. you have to use this to lower the temperature of the room.. unless you want it to turn red and the alarm goes off and we're done." Jisoo utters.

"That's the last thing we want, right unnie?" Lisa said and then crawled along plank over the ladder Yerin and Sowon made which is being supported by the ropes Anda did.