62: Final Chapter

Like Sierra, still hoping for everything to flow smoothly again. Christmas songs and jingles have been replaced with a song that are alive, rock, about love and Christmas too- "Parol / Silent Sanctuary".

"Uy, parang masaya ro'n. Kumain tayo ng puto bumbong! Tara!" Doc Aries Cleto said as he glanced at the food stall where people are currently eating.

"Dito na lang po ako, 'Pa," Sierra replied. Doc Aries Cleto and Sheramay did not insist. Sierra left and the two told her not to leave. As Sierra waited for her parents to return to the bench where she was now sitting, she remembered Spencer.

"Excited na 'ko, mag-grade twelve so we can have more bonding together." Spencer's face reflected the curiosity. He is talking to Sierra today, this is the night where he's saying his farewell because he is going on a short vacation in Pampanga.

"Friends pa rin naman tayo no'n, 'di ba?" he asked Sierra again.

"Friends," Sierra replied.

"Sure? Mamatay man?" Spencer asked as if not believing what his friend said.

"Mamatay ka man," Sierra said sarcastically.

"If I die, would you cry?" Sierra didn't know what made Spencer wonder why he asked that strange question.

"Don't know." Sierra just shrugged.

"Pa'no kung totoong mamamatay na talaga 'ko?" Spencer asked again so that Sierra is now looking at him worriedly.

"Uhm..." Sierra just shook her head, not knowing what to answer.

"Oy! Nakita ko 'yon! I see it in your eyes, nalungkot ka! Joke lang 'yon, ano ka ba?" Spencer said as he pointed to Sierra's face. In fact, Sierra was really upset and clearly saddened by Spencer's remarks. "Happy April Fools!"

"Spencer..." Spencer's face became serious when the girl called his name suddenly.

"'Di ka mamamatay." Sierra's words was straight in Spencer's eyes.

"Okay, sabi mo, e!" Spencer nodded. "'Di ako mamamatay, para sa 'yo."

"Peng, you say, you won't die..."

Tears welled up from her eyes. She tried to do what Spencer did whenever the boy was depressed so she took the cellphone and put the earphones in her ears. She listens to the song- "Malayo Na Tayo / Silent Sanctuary" - hoping she will feel better.

She removed the black bonnet from her hair and replaced it with the brown head scarf, which Spencer had given her before taking its vacation in Pampanga.

"Then, itong head scarf din para naman hindi puro 'yang bonnet na black na 'yan ang suot mo. Nauumay na 'ko d'yan, e, mukha kang holdaper."

"'Yong head scarf na 'yan, binili sa 'kin ni Papa 'yan no'ng buhay pa siya, ibigay ko raw sa special someone 'ko, ah-- I mean, someone na special for me? Oo, 'yon."

She is also now wearing Tom's sweatshirt that matches Spencer's Jerry sweatshirt. She's hugging herself right now as she felt the cold breezing air.

"Sa 'yo na rin 'yang sweatshirt na si Tom, isuot mo 'yan 'pag taglamig na, 'pag December gano'n para hindi ka ginawin."

And in her sweatshirt's pocket she grabbed and looked down at the two VIP concert tickets for the Silent Sanctuary's concert.

"Sayang 'di ko na-experience 'to no'ng bata pa 'ko," Spencer said.

"Ang alin?" Sierra asked. They walk back to the gym to watch the Live Band Show.

"Itong Pasinaya, kasi para sa mga bata halos lahat ng activities," Spencer said as he looked at the children he saw, giggled, laughed and had fun.