XX

ZELDA

Things were going great as of now, the three of us walking back after a long day, I was walking far behind the two brothers who were doing what they were best at- bicker. Jungkook kicked Tae's spine making him jolt forward and I could swear I heard Jungkook laughing, calling him an old man for his weak bones.

It pained me to think of what could go on once Tae left, on one hand, I was happy to have received my powers though they were slow to come and on the other, I was the disappointed cause that meant Taehyung would have to leave. Who would Jungkook fight with then?

The thought of him pulling his usual pranks on me caused shivers down my spine, the two were like little children. Getting surprised whenever they saw anything new on TV, well I had my fun telling them things from my own point of view without getting judged for it.

My thoughts came to a halt when I felt the familiar presence from last night, the eerie feeling of negative energy as Taehyung had explained taking over my body. I turned to look at the person, my feet stopping for a bit to find the source.

I turned back when I saw nothing only to have both Jungkook and Tae looking at me.

"What now?" Jungkook asked and Tae turned to look at the two of us.

"I'm not sure, it's that thing happening again," I said, looking towards Taehyung who seemed to understand well.

Taehyung only gave me a look and I could tell what he meant, both the guys turned back and started walking, I did so too behind them. The air around me felt thicker and at the same time I could feel the wind to blow a bit stronger, the only thing off about it was the winds were warm.

As we kept walking I could now clearly hear footsteps behind me, be it the instincts I have after getting a sum of my powers or whatever, I was sure I heard someone. I turned again to not see a soul. Taehyung and Jungkook decreased their speed walking in close proximity with me and I felt safe because of the two men.

I felt a tug on my chest causing a small jolt in me, my eyes burning as I turned to look behind me. I saw a shadow and without thinking I bolted towards it, disregarding Taehyung and Jungkook's voice calling out for me.

I could tell it was a human body and so I restricted from using my powers just yet, running after the shadow till the person was forced to come out of their hiding. The moment the person did I grabbed a hold of their collar, stopping their motions then kneeing them from the back of their calf to bring the person to their knees and I tackled the person to the ground. 

"Zelda wait!" Taehyung yelled while I had the person face down with my knee on their spine, holding them to the ground. Taehyung kneeled in front of me, his hands going to hold the side of my forehead and I felt like he derived the burning sensation I felt in my eyes. Leaving me back to the way I was before.

Taehyung hadn't taken his hands off my forehead yet, his lips didn't move a fraction but I could hear his voice loud and clear in my head.

"You can't show your powers off to a mere human," I heard his voice and I breathed out like it was the first time for me when his hands left my forehead. I looked down at the guy struggling in my hold and I retracted my knee, pushing him over so that he laid on his back and I could take a good look at his face.

"Jimin?" I said, a bit flabbergasted and from my peripheral vision, I saw Jungkook look at me questioningly but Taehyung had his eyes solely on Jimin.

"Surprise?" he said, chuckling nervously and I tilted my head.

"You're the one who's been following me?" I asked and he immediately shook his head, his bangs flowing along repeatedly.

"I didn't follow anyone alright, I only saw you today and, um, walked after you, kinda," he explained while I was still listening to the guy, Jungkook turned to walk away from the little commotion.

"What's up with him?" I asked Taehyung who just shook his head then returned his gaze back at Jimin who was still on the floor. He had a snapback bag with a beanie and big round glasses on, this was how he dressed when I and him were still at Uni so he probably got off campus when he saw us.

"That' still doesn't explain anything, she's a friend, isn't she? Then why didn't you just talk to her?" Taehyung asked, suspicion clear in his voice, and Jimin pushed himself up to stand straighter.

"Naeri, shouldn't I be the one asking questions? You were my first friend on campus and then you just disappeared with two imbeciles," Jimin said and just before Taehyung could attack the shorter guy, I stopped him.

"I had to be somewhere but that still doesn't help the fact that you scared the hell out of us now?" I tell him and he looks down apologetically.

"Sorry, I should've just approached you," Jimin said and while he still had his head down, Taehyung visibly rolls his eyes and I glare at the taller man.

"When will you be coming back?" Jimin asks me once his head shoots back up.

"Probably next week?" I said looking at Taehyung who was again glaring at me.

"Cool, do you mind if I come by sometime? We covered a lot of portions while you were away, I could help you," Jimin explains and after a few seconds, I nod.

"You can come by during the weekend," I tell Jimin and he smiles before bidding us farewell.

"I ain't leaving for Agartha till that guy is out of your ass," Taehyung says, his voice low and deep almost intimidating me.

"Language," I remind Tae who pouts sarcastically as we near my house, Jungkook sitting on the porch while waiting for me to unlock the door.

"Took you long enough," he says, looking at me with eyes shooting invisible daggers. Before I could ask him what was wrong he got in with my keys. I sighed, smiling when I was invited by Yuqi rubbing herself around my feet before sounding a loud meow.

I held onto Taehyung's sleeve stopping him before he could go to his room.

"What was that you did back there?" I asked him.

"Did you not feel it yourself?" Tae asked and I frowned not understanding him. He replaces my hand tugging on his sleeve with his hand going back at the top of my head when he did so I could see visions in my head from back when I tackled Jimin.

My eyes were a burning frozen blue, it explained why I felt my eyes heating up then. Taehyung stood at close proximity, slowly sliding his hand away from the top of my head before smiling at me.

"You're only one step away from coronation Naeri," he informs and I smile back at him, his eyes gleaming like a father proud of his daughter for attaining scholarship.

"Right in front of my salad," we stop smiling to look to our side where Jungkook stood in his yellow hoodie and sweatpants, his face screaming annoyance and he turned, walking to the living room and soon we heard the TV turning on.

I turn to Taehyung to have him smirking at himself and call the duo weird in my head before shutting myself in my room.

TBC