XXVII

ZELDA

"Yuqi," I called out and saw her run towards my feet, her fluffy tail sweeping around my calf and I bend down, my palm goes to rest centimeters above her head and instead of whispering I stare at her directly in the eyes, communicating to her through the attachment I had with her.

'Figura subcinctusean,' I voice in my headspace and her eyes gleam before she shape shifts to her human form, the much shorter, curly haired girl with big doe eyes. I smiled at her and she gave me a cheeky smile after. She knew the drill and shut her eyes before putting forward her arms for us to hold.

"Whats going on-" Before Jungkook to even complete his queries I and Taehyung cut him off.

"To the man responsible for all that's been happening here so far."

Yuqi was our source to reach out when we were only an inch away from commiting to our job. We knew what we needed to do, we knew what he- my father wanted and we needed to work together if we needed to take the Steele back from that man. Whether it meant to negotiate, or start a war.

Taehyung reached out to hold my hand but Jungkook beat him to it, he got between the two of us and lifted my hand, locking his palm with mine and I looked up to see him but he never turned to look at me at all, his other hand goes to hold that of Taehyung's while I and Taehyung use our free hands to hold those of Yuqi's.

The girl's eyes open and no more were they the big purple orbs, her pupils were bleached white, a few grew black steaks in between which signed us to shutting our eyes as well, total darkness surrounded me before the familiar gush of wind passed by causing chills to run down my arms, goosebumps standing long and proud as I slowly lift my eyes to look at the surroundings.

Unlike last time we were at a damp forest, the humidity spread almost immediately as I felt the moisture in my skin emitting from the wet leaves around us, coniferous trees in close proximity reaching upto great heights while there were damp grass under our feet, insects crawling by and the sunlight was completely covered by the trees, the barks colloiding the rays of sunlight and it was clear we didn't have all the time in the world, thesun was going down in its time and we only had a few hours to findthe man we were here for.

"We can't waste anytime, let's start," I say monotone and Jungkook nods before the two of us start taking large strides, trying to avoid stepping on any of the living creatures residing safely in their natural habitat.

I heard a loss of footsteps and turned to look at Taehyung who only gave me a small smile.

"You know I can't help you, you need to work on your own yet together for peace, I'm heading back for no," Taehyung informs and turns his gaze to Jungkook, giving him a wide brotherly smile, Jungkook didn't smile back and I could tell why, despite the bickering and constant fights they were brothers after all.

Taehyung teleported himself and the sight of him slowly fading into thin air made me look at Jungkook who gulped before turning on his heels and continuing to take large strides. Some of the crisp leaves crunched under our feet, the sound audible for anyone to hear as we kept our pace steady. Yuqi didn't follow after us and we were to look for him on our own.

"You really missed him didn't you?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the ground I walked past by, from my peripheral vision I could see that he turned to me before returning his gaze back to the ground.

"It felt nice to see him once again, I really thought he was hear to stay but then again, he can't guide me all my life," Jungkook says and I nod. It were such few times Jungkook spoke with integrity and maturity, a part of him I could never get used to.