59

taehyung's brows furrowed in confusion as he pressed the button yet again, but nothing. and again and again and again. nothing nothing nothing.

"something wrong?" jimin asked worriedly as he watched taehyung start to become panicked. "why aren't we leaving?"

the prince's hands started to shake as he shook his head in denial. "n-no...this is the remote...i-it works...it h-has to..."

taehyung kept pressing the button over and over again until jungkook got annoyed, got off the motorcycle, and ripped the remote from his hands.

"what're you doing wrong, taehyung?" jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as he pointed the remote straight to the water and pressed it again.

but, still the same result came. nothing.

"doesn't this remote always work?" jimin asked as he too got out of the sidecar and walked to jungkook quizzically while taehyung was practically having a mental breakdown on the bike. "maybe the batteries are off or something?"

"it doesn't have batteries," taehyung explained and walked to the boys with shaky hands. "it has magic always working from whoever is..."

jimin waited for taehyung's answer that never came. "whoever is...?"

the prince looked at the two of them. "whoever is the king."

jimin looked at him suspiciously. "so...does that mean your father...knows where you two are?"

jungkook was a the verge of breaking out in absolute anger. not at taehyung, he's come to realize it's not the boy's fault that the one time his earring comes out is the one time they couldn't afford to lose it.

"i'm calling him," jungkook gritted through his teeth and was on the borderline of stomping over to an empty space around 15 feet from jimin and taehyung.

"i-i'm so sorry j-jimin," taehyung felt horrible. it was all his fault; if he didn't wear stupid earrings or maybe would've checked if the backing was still stable; none of this would've happened. they would've been safe at lonnex and successfully taken jimin back with them. now, the king will definitely not allow the two to come back with jimin on the bike as well.

"taehyung," jimin whispered; breaking taehyung out of his thoughts. jimin could tell the younger's mind was probably beating himself up for all of this; so he hugged taehyung close, just like the boy did when they first reunited, and stroked a calming pattern in taehyung's hair. "it's not your fault."

the prince immediately became less tense and sunk into the boy's hold; wrapping his arms around jimin to pull the boy closer while nuzzling his head into jimin's neck to try and calm himself more.

and, for the first time that trip, both felt relaxed in each other's hold.

but the third one? hell no.

"oh my fucking GOD shut up and listen to your goddamn son for once in your tiny, minuscule like!" jungkook seethed into his phone; barley being able to reach his father with the very poor wifi that was at moirae. but at least it was something.

"jungkook, i don't want to hear you ever speak like that again to me, okay? i don't know if you've realized but i'm your only hope back to lonnex; unless you want to stay in that shithole that is moirae the rest of your minuscule life."

the prince gripped the phone even tighter in pure anger. he just wanted to get home, with jimin and his step-brother, and call it a day. why was there this much difficulty with simply doing that? it's not like jimin was causing any trouble. the people of lonnex know how important he is to the princes and accept him. why couldn't his uptight father do the same?

oh, and he could really not do with the sight of the other two hugging each other so tightly that it looked like they couldn't breathe right now.

"cat caught your tongue, huh? jungkook i'm doing this only for your sake, ok—"

"if you were doing this for my sake you'd let him come back. hell, you wouldn't have even sent him back in the first place! your words of promises mean shit to me now. i just want to come home with the person i came here for. don't you understand that this boy isn't doing you any harm? isn't doing lonnex any harm? he just should live on absolute shit for the rest of his life, and i want—no, i need to see him everyday. the past year as been absol—"

"shut up, jungkook," the king abruptly interrupted jungkook's long speach. "if you were kind i'd have no way of stopping you from something like this. i was trying to that night you were in my office, son. i can't have this boy tarnishing the name lonnex. maybe if you'd become king like you were supposed to; then we wouldn't be having a problem right now. but guess who decided to stay locked up in his room all day and decide to make his parents look like idiots?"

"fine, i'll become king. is that what you want? because you have my word. as soon as i come back we'll have the whole celebration, i'll tell the people i'm sorry for the delay, everyone will cheer, and we'll all be happy. but if i can't bring jimin back; then i won't ever become king."

"you don't realize i still have the upper hand, do you? if you don't become king; jimin will never be able to come to lonnex. and when i die; you're next in line. you'll have to deal with this responsibility somehow on that day. if you don't want it; give it to someone who you know for sure is worthy and righteous to have. oh, and who wants it, as well. good luck with all of that; because i plan on staying in this world for a few more decades, jungkook."

jungkook hated when his father was right.

and he hated even more how he saw two people kissing from the corner of his eye.

___
heheheheheh

okay so 2020 officially sucks; when i'm older i'm literally making a movie on it with all this crap that's going on.

corona, serial killers, deadly plants and hornets, and way too much racism.

i don't want to drag political views or anything into this so i'll stop here, because, at least for me, wattpad is honestly a place to escape all this terrible shit. i hope my story helps you all do that just like it does for me :)

i hope everyone's doing well because i'm doing better now that i have a week of school left🥳🥳🥳

💜stay safe everyone💜

please be sure to vote, leave comments, and read on for bad guy?.