51

after many hours of talking to his mom; taehyung got her to change her solid no to an actual maybe. which he saw as an accomplishment.

he let his mom have a break from his constant yelling and reasoning and decided to go to jungkook's room to see how he was doing.

coincidentally, when he was walking towards the door, jungkook walked out of his room with a look taehyung couldn't read.

"how'd it go?" taehyung asked while still walking up to the younger; who was slightly surprised at his sudden words.

"not good," jungkook groaned and ruffled his own hair. "i barley got to talk about jimin because all he did was scold me for not showing up to the coronation. i mentioned his name and my father left the room in anger."

the older sighed but understood the reasoning. he honestly anticipated this to happen, anyways.

"my mom got bumped up to a maybe...that's good news, right?" taehyung worriedly asked. jungkook only shrugged.

the two step-brothers stood in silence; something they seemed to be doing a lot. they had nothing else to say. what else could they? taehyung couldn't understand the pressure on jungkook's shoulders from his father, and jungkook couldn't understand what thoughts were racing through taehyung's head.

taehyung only knew he had to do something. that thought ran from side to side in his brain; the thing taking up all his thoughts.

"jungkook...i'm sick of this," taehyung finally broke the silence. "i-i don't care about what our parent's say. we're princes...you're gunna be king any day now! we need to find another way to get him hear."

"but we could get in ginormous trouble. w-we could get thrown out if the castle! then what?" jungkook protested.

"then we won't be princes! jungkook, i know for a fact you don't want to be king. and i've lived in the village before; i-i can show you around!" taehyung tried convincing, but the younger still had a refusing look on his face. "look, if you don't want to, then fine. i won't drag you down with me. but i'm doing this. i'm tired of waking up and knowing that i'm not going to see him today; or that he's in some trouble on that stupid island!"

taehyung stopped to take a deep breathe and calm his shaky ones. he folded his hands behind his back to stop them from turning into fists and from shaking. he was really out of it and had to hone himself back in.

"i'm sorry..." the male said with his head slightly down. his cheeks flushed from embarrassment from the sudden outburst. "i'm just...angry; y'know?"

"i do know. trust me tae; i know," jungkook put a hand on his step-brother's shoulder and smiled at him sympathetically. "but i don't think going against the rules is the best way to go. i don't wanna loose you; you're the only sane relative i have."

taehyung cracked a small smile at the compliment.

"times are hard right now, but we'll find some way to get him back. it's just—i really don't want to reject my father's decision. i've respected and looked up to him my whole life; i trust his judgement. not completely in this particular situation, but i'd rather change it then deny it. you know what i mean?" jungkook studied taehyung's face. he looked deep in thought.

"i'm giving it three more days. after that; i'm not gunna hear it from any of them," taehyung said passionate and looked straight into jungkook's eyes.

"i completely understand. three days should be long enough to change my father's whole look-out of ethics and everything he believes in," jungkook said actually seriously; to what taehyung perceived. "so we have a deal?"

taehyung nodded. "deal."

taehyung rolled restlessly in his bed. it was currently 2:34 am.

and he was wide awake.

it wasn't if anxiety or of anger, but of happiness and excitement.

no matter what happened, in at most three days he'd be making preparations into getting jimin back. it basically left him shaking with overwhelmed feeling as he stared at his galaxy ceiling.

taehyung didn't quite like the idea of staring at a plain white ceiling as he fell asleep; so he bought a projector that projected the galaxy in his ceiling. it made him feel more calm and relaxed at night.

but right now? it did absolutely shit.

"jimin..." he whispered off into the darkness of the night. just saying his name made his heart fill with joy and love. it'd been such a long...too long of a year without him. he needed him, he wanted him, he had to have him back here.

jimin was like a drug to him. he had extremely bad withdraws for the first couple months without him, but then started to get over it but not completely. it was basically the same way he felt in bed, but instead in day-time clothes and a smile on his face.

and now; his heart could actually fill with true, unquestionable happiness.

"park jimin..." taehyung spoke again.

"kim taehyung..." he could imagine jimin saying his name back.

and oh how that made him even jitter even more.

but then he heard fumbled and kicks, angry voices and screams. down the hall it seemed to be quite a loud fight going on; which perked taehyung's interest.

since he was wide awake and bored out of his mind; he got out of his comfy bed and crept silently towards his door. slowly, he opened the door only a sliver so he could see out of it with one eye.

it was jungkook, and the king.

the reason why they were fighting in the hallway and not in the kong's study was beyond him. all he cared about was why the two were so angry. the only two words he heard from the conversation was 'narrow-minded' and 'dumbass' which only validated his point that they were fighting.

then, out of no where, jungkook came stomping towards his way. taehyung quickly shut his door; he didn't want to look like he was being creepy eavesdropping on their obviously heated argument.

but, surprisingly, he heard three loud bangs on his door.

thinking he was in trouble for peeping; taehyung didn't answer it.

but the knocks resonate through his room again and again; until he finally heard jungkook grumble out his name.

carefully, taehyung crept over and put on his best sleepy impression and slowly opened the door.

"let's get him."
___

omfg y'all dealing with a dumb bitch over here i swear to god.

i did the same thing and forgot this was a tHiNg.

i really cannot. anyways; school literally sucked this week and covid and killer hornets said hi all over again.

ok hope y'all liked it and cya in 3 days :))

please be sure to vote, leave comments, and read on for bad guy?.