15

author's pov
___
the rain poured down quicker then light; it was inescapable. the drops were fat and wet and easily drenched someone from a single hit.

the night was in full swing; extremely dark and all stars hidden by the dark rain clouds. thunder could be heard and lighting could be seen.

everyone on moirae island was in a house already, sleeping. they might've had some leeks or a cold room; but a home to sleep for the harsh rainy night.

a boy, just a month under 14; walked the streets. his tattered black t-shirt was drenched, his arms wrapped around himself in an attempt to stay warm. his ripped jeans, that weren't meant to be ripped, was half down to his ankles, and half just above his knee. he didn't have any shoes on, didn't think to grab any after the rush out. nevertheless, he couldn't feel his feet at all. it was like they were nonexistent. and when he looked down at them; he could see the toe-tips were turning blue. his fingertips were following the pattern; and his hair dropped harshly of the cold water from the dark skies.

he huffed and hugged himself tighter. he squinted his eyes and looked around, his big eyes still not used to the darkness. the dark streets weren't even lit by street lamps. the only light he'd be lucky to see is the occasional house with their lights on; but that wasn't many.

then, jimin came upon the worst man of his life.

wong runjin.

runjin was a 15 year old force to be reckoned with. he had blood red eyes and ruffled blonde hair. he was at a high 6 foot; and according to the doctors, still growing. he was chiseled and was basically what every person on the island swooned for. he had soft, tan skin that everyone loved.

everyone except jimin.

runjin was all nice kid when near parents, elders, school-friends; basically everyone. but it was all smoke and mirrors; but only jimin a few of the villain's close friends knew what demon really resided in him.

the elder boy had amazing and strange powers, but they seemed to also be his downfall. because of his unique powers, he's extremely cocky and thinks the whole world revolves around him.

either way; he wasn't a kind guy. at least to jimin, he wasn't. he made his life hell; in secret, of course. at the age of 13, jimin hadn't evolved yet and be able to fully access his true powers. he was untouched by most, but not all.

runjin was always there at the worst times; like this one.

it was a coincidence, really. jimin was still squinting and scanning for any place to stay; anything at all. but he didn't expect for runjin to be sitting outside his house, under the canopy of the dingy household. he wore a white tang top with black jean shorts. he wore black flip flops and was leaning against the wall of his house; drinking some pepsi. he was simply looking around until jimin came into view.

that's how jimin's worst night of his lift began.

...

jimin didn't realize when hyunjin got ripped off him.

he didn't realize when the stranger repeatedly beat the ever-loving shit out of him.

he didn't even realize the couple of tears that strolled down his face as he hit the ground.

he didn't feel another stranger's arm wrap around his shoulders to help him up.

the next thing he could actually realize was when he was sitting down in the comfy srry in his room.