47

over the past year...
___
taehyung was more than confused on the whole situation after it all panned. after the announcement, he'd seen jimin's limo driving off while people celebrated his leave. he could only imagine what the smaller was going through. leaving the kingdom and having people cheering over it? must not've been a very good good-bye.

afterwards, he'd gone to the king and queen and blew up. screaming, cursing, demanding some answers from them. the royal couple obliged and explained the situation; which taehyung still hated. jimin was fucking 18 and could make his own decisions; his mother shouldn't be so manipulative.

the older prince didn't go out into the commoner's village much anymore. people started seeing him less and less, and when they did see him, he'd almost never be smiling. jimin was his first actually interesting counterpart that he's ever met. other than royalty, he's never met anyone from out of town; especially from so far.

but then he had late nights where he'd lie awake and get deep in thoughts; asking questions he didn't want to know the answers to. afraid that they'd be the opposite of what he wanted to hear. the most popular one being "what if jimin wanted to go home and pretended the whole time?" he was very scared of what the possible answer could be; jimin has always been very secretive about his emotions and past. taehyung sees him as a closed book that he's yet to have open, yet to have read. and all he wants to do is open It up and flip through the pages.

taehyung eventually died is hair back to his original shade; dark brown. he didn't feel like having such a vibrant color when the rest of his world seemed a boring shade of black and white. the king and queen didn't realize these obvious signs that he wasn't mentally okay; even jungkook didn't know. it was neither's fault, though, taehyung wasn't shy or cared to hide his emotions from everyone. it was just that jungkook and the parents were so focused on preparing the young prince to become king. there has been numerous packed schedules and a lot of workers running around the palace to sort everything for such occasions out and ready. the only time his parents would really notice his existence was when he wasn't by their side at important events (which he would be scowled at later for).

he wasn't the same old taehyung, and no one in the castle seemed to have realize that. unlike the commoners who missed their social prince charming. taehyung was an inspiration for all the young people of lonnex; becoming the real life rags to riches story they've always heard as stories to put them to sleep at night. he was always so focused on the commoner's happiness and how everyone was doing; genuinely concerned and not just pretending for the love.

the commoners became relentless and started demanding answers; in which the royal family ignored (taehyung not even hearing about it since he's locked himself in his room). they love taehyung so much that they started to revolt to have jimin back. and that; that caught his attention.

he came out of his room and out to the city for the first time in what seemed like ages.

the village felt so lively with all the people and social interaction he's been neglected of recently. he started talking to his friends again and actually going out more. of course, he didn't forget about jimin, even the town's people wouldn't let him. fascinatingly, taehyung's unintentional "bow of silence" helped the commoners come around to jimin and his background. taehyung made sure to put in work so the little moirae boy wasn't forgotten one bit; and would be celebrated when coming back instead of leaving.

It would take hard work, yes, but he needed to do it. and, maybe with jungkook's coronation in 2 days, it'll all be possible.

jungkook wasn't okay. his love just got sent back to the fortress of evil to be tormented and not treated the way he should be everyday of his life. he couldn't see his beautiful smile and hear his heavenly laugh everyday. and it hurt; it hurt bad.