62

it was midnight; the moonlight shining into the room as the wind slowly came into the room.

for the first time in a year, jimin was asleep at this time. he usually fell asleep around 4 am and slept until 5-6. it obviously wasn't a healthy schedule.

jungkook, on the other hand, couldn't get any sleep. he leaned against the wall while huddling up on his mattress and looked towards the bed. sadly, jimin was turned the other way, so he could only see the shine of his raven colored hair.

he sighed in relief as his eyes grew heavy. he kept having his eyelids droop; as if they were closing. but he didn't want to close them. he was so afraid that once he closed them; then this would all be a dream. jimin would be gone. jimin would be at that hideous island again.

he just had to convince himself otherwise.

instead, he just continued staring at the peacefully sleeping jimin.

then he glanced over at the window. he got up and walked towards it tiredly.

jungkook ran his hand softly against the windowsill and sat on it. he always wondered how jimin would have the patience to just sit there and stare off into the sky for so long.

as he felt the breeze hit his face, saw the stars twinkle in the nightsky, watched the moon shine bright; he knew. there was always so much on jimin's mind and this really felt like a good way to just let all your thoughts out.

and jungkook sure had a lot going on right now.

jimin couldn't stay locked up in his room forever; he had to come out eventually. jimin isn't one to stay cooped up all the time, and jungkook knew that as a fact.

his father would keep pressuring him to become head of the kingdom; which jungkook really didn't want to do.

and he had taehyung on his back; this odd love triangle that nudged it's way into the young prince's life.

he sighed and crossed his arms and leaned on the side of the window. way too much was on his mind.

"what're you doing up?"

jungkook almost jumped although the voice was small and groggy. he looked over at jimin; who was sitting up on the bed with messy hair and rubbing one of his eyes.

the prince smiled and walked over to jimin; sitting down on the other side of the bed. "i should be asking you the same thing. you should be getting more sleep," jungkook softly said while still smiling softly.

"i don't know...i don't usually fall asleep this early. i guess i just woke up way too early," jimin sighed as he became more awake and his eyes grew bigger. "you still haven't answered my question."

"just thinking about things," jungkook spoke truthfully as he never took his eyes off jimin once. "nothing you need to worry about."

jimin smiled. "really now? i think i may need to worry just a bit on the whole situation right now since nothing's really concrete, y'know?"

jungkook shook his head quickly and said, "no no no; that's not something you need to worry about. like i said, taehyung and i will be sorting everything out so don't worry. okay?"

the shorter took a long sigh before nodding his head "okay."

jungkook then yawned and got up to go back to his air mattress. "we should go back to sleep, hm?"

but jimin immediately got up and ran to jump onto the air mattress; in which jungkook sent him a confused look. "i'll most likely be twisting and turning the rest of the night. the comfy bed would be more useful to you then me."

"well maybe if you used the comfy bed then it'd lull you to sleep instead of this uncomfortable mattress," jungkook sat on the mattress too.

after some bickering, like they did before, over who would get the bed, jimin finally snapped.

"why don't we both sleep on the bed??" he spat out of no where. he blushed right after; realizing what he said and tried to cover himself. "i-i mean...the bed's pretty large...w-we'd barley even be near ea—"

"i think it's a great idea," jungkook beamed; having blessed sense of shyness in his voice or look. "c'mon!"

and just like that, the younger grabbed the other's hand and pulled them onto the bed. jimin made sure to basically be on the edge of the bed while jungkook was close to the middle. "why're so on edge?"

"i'm not on edge; just not used to sharing a bed with someone," jimin turned around so his back was facing jungkook and closed his eyes. "but if we stop talking maybe i can forget that you're there."

the prince giggled and wrapped an arm quickly around the male's small waist and pulled him towards himself. "what's the point of sharing a bed if we can't snuggle, hm?"

maybe it was the 3 am vibes, or the fast that random spurts hit him in the face sometimes, but jungkook held onto jimin right and nestled his head right against the boy's neck with no shyness in sight.

"j-jungkook...!" jimin tried pushing his arms off of him, but the boy's arms had a death grip on him and had no intention on letting go anytime soon. "let go!"

"never!" jungkook giggled again and held onto jimin even tighter; almost to the point where it was impacting jimin's breathing. "i may never let you go now!~"

jimin rolled his eyes, and with a bit more struggling, decided it was best for him to try to become comfortable. it wasn't really too hard since jungkook's body made him feel less lonely and more protected. so, he turned around in jungkook's arms and unconsciously put an arm around jungkook to snuggle even closer to him.

"night jimin," jungkook murmured, already half asleep and snoring just slightly.

jimin giggled and rested his head on the pillow to study jungkook's sleeping face; having no intention of going to sleep now. "good night, kookie."
___

ok i wrote half of this right after posting the other chapter and the second half now so i hope it's actually good.

ok ik i said this in the last post but i'm still very excited that school's over and i can finally have sleepovers with my friends again. don't worry,, i'm pretty antisocial and really only have 4 best friends that i've known all my life and i know have been in quarantine. plus, we are being careful and not sleeping too close together so ms corona doesn't get her hands on us.

i hope you guys like this chapter! and if ur done school, lets goooo! year finished! freshman year went really fast and i cant believe that i'm a sophomore now like it's unreal.

if ur not done school, i assume u almost r! it's only a few days or a week or two left; you can do it!!! afterwards; no STRESS!!

💜stay safe everyone💜

please be sure to vote, leave comments, and read on for bad guy?.