34

taehyung spent time with jimin as the boy finished eating. they basically pretended like nothing happened between them; like jimin didn't ignore him for a day.

and the prince couldn't have been happier. jimin didn't see a smile off his face the whole time. taehyung even forgot about dinner until his stomach started to growl. still, he refused to leave.

"taehyung, you're stomach is yelling at you for food," jimin narrows his eyes at taehyung. it's not like he wants him to leave, but the prince is obviously hungry. "you need food."

"i can wait! i just had some food recently," taehyung smiled.

"when?"

"..."

"taehyung"

"okay! i haven't eaten since 7:30. but i'm seriously not hungry!" and, ironically, taehyung's stomach growled again. he huffed as jimin snorted in amusement.

"we can just go and get food from the kitchen," jimin went to stand up, but taehyung held him back.

he smiled and reached for the phone. "jimin, you can't walk, remember? i'll just call the service to bring us some food."

the boy hesitated. he hated calling for service, which is probably why he never had food brought to him by his own will. he felt bad, but, with his bad food, he really didn't have a choice but to rely on them.

jimin leaned back on the headboard and waited till taehyung was finished calling the service until he spoke.

"taehyung," the prince looked at the talking boy. "what was your life like...before becoming royalty?"

taehyung paused his actions. he went into deep thought and wondered why jimin would ask about when he was middle-class of all things.

"well...i was just a normal civilian. i did some work to help my single mom and hung out with friends. nothing special," the prince shrugged like it was nothing. "why?"

jimin looked over at him. "i was just wondering if your change was as big as mine. you're probably the closest person i got to talk about the drastic change from rags to riches."

the prince smiled and nodded. "i wouldn't say mine was as big as yours, but i see what you mean. it did take a lot of getting used to. i had to learn all the manners a prince is taught at birth, y'know? jungkook was helpful, though; even though he could be a little condescending sometimes."

jimin nodded and listened closely. he had no idea where the question truly came from, and he honestly forgot that something similar happened to taehyung.

"i'be always thought there was way too many rules and manners to learn to bring a prince. and why does there need to be three different kinds of spoons for three very specific kinds of food? i don't know...i guess i just never really understood any of this. i still don't. but, now, i realize i really don't have a choice but to oblige to there questionable rules," taehyung smiled sadly. jimin never would've guessed taehyung felt this way; the boy never showed anything but positivity and happiness.

jimin patted the prince's shoulder awkwardly and the two sat in a comfortable silence until the maid came in with taehyung's own dukbokki and water glass. taehyung thanked the maid and waited for her to leave until he started eating.

"can we go out again sometime?" jimin blurted out. "i know i can't right now...but i really liked going into town with you and jungkook. i find it better than being cooped up in this castle all 24/7, y'know?"

the prince smiled a bit at jimin's request. the boy was finally getting used to lonnex; maybe even forgetting his terrible life on moirae?

suddenly, the door bursts open; making the two males jump a little. the king walks in with the queen close behind him.

"mom? what are you doing here?" taehyung put down his plate and looked at them quizzically.

the two royals ignored taehyung's question and looked straight to jimin.

"jimin; your mother requested a private video call with you," the king puffed out his chest and stood tall. "and we've accepted."

jimin was speechless. mother? what would she want to do with m—and jimin remembered.

the pendent of lonnex.

he forgotten his reason of coming to this kingdom in the first place. the reason why his mother sent him here and accepted the request. and he didn't even know where the pendent was or what it even looks like.

his mother would be furious.

jimin stood up and held in a wince from the pain that shot up his leg. "when will the video call be?"

"in an hour. taehyung can lead you; it's video room 2b; okay, taehyung?" the queen looked at her son expectantly. the latter nodded and watched the two royals leave as soon as they came. they truly didn't want to be in jimin's presence for long at all.

taehyung sighed and looked over to jimin; who was still standing and shaking a little.

"jimin? you okay? you can sit down now; it doesn't start for an hour," taehyung said crinkly; going to jimin's side and slowly helping him back into bed. but jimin was frozen and didn't really know what to do. a thousand thoughts ran through his head as taehyung tried to gain his attention back. "jimin? do you want some water? are you okay? jimin??"

the male suddenly looked up at taehyung; which startled him just a tad. "i'm okay, taehyung. just... surprised; that's all." jimin put on a fake smile to make himself look convincing.

taehyung didn't buy all of jimin's bullshit, but he still smiled warmly back in an attempt to have jimin feel better. he knew his mother was probably not a very nice person to talk to. and why would she want to video call, anyway? can't she just call regularly? this whole thing really made his blood boil to a confusing amount.

"wish, taehyung; calm down! you're basically red," jimin shook taehyung's shoulders. the boy didn't even realize his face had turn a light scarlet from anger.

he simply laughed it off and scratched the back of his head politely.

"sorry; don't mind me"
___
i hope you liked this chapter
i honestly finished this like right before the deadline so sorry if it's crappy :)

please be sure to vote, leave comments, and read on for bad guy?.