marius; the wedding

AU: i am so sorry if some parts of this doesn't apply to your religion. and this is very long

It was your wedding day. You were marrying the man of your dreams, Marius Pontmercy. Your maid of honour, Eponine, was rubbing your arms comfortingly as you both looked into the tall mirror in the corner of the room.

"Ep, are you sure you're going to be okay with this?"

"Yes y/n, you don't need to worry about me. I'm with Louis now and I am happier than I have ever been in my entire life. Besides, you're better for Marius, you put him in his place." You both chuckle.

"Thanks Eponine, I needed that." "Of course." There was a knock at the door, turning your heads from the mirror to the white door.

"Come in." You say. Through the door comes Marius' best man, Enjolras.

"Wow. Y/n, you look great!" He smiles and comes to give you a hug.

"Nice to see you too." Eponine says with crossed arms.

"Oh hey." He says before turning back to you. You chuckle at Eponine as she flips him off from behind.

"Marius is wondering how you're doing?" You sigh and smile lightly.

"I'm a little nervous, I am not going to lie to you." He places his hands on your shoulders.

"He's nervous too. He keeps pacing around the room, pretty sure he's lost like 3 pounds." You smile and look away at Marius' adorable behaviour.

"He also told me to tell you that he loves you and he can't for you to be his wife." You blush at his words and become less nervous to get married.

"Can you tell him that I love him too and that I can't wait to call him my husband?" He nods and begins to walk out of the room to tell Marius but you stop him in his tracks.

"Wait!" He turns to you and nods, his hand on the door knob.

"Tell him that I love him so, so, so much." He playfully glares at you and then leaves the room. You shake your hands in the air and look back into the mirror. This was it. Your wedding day. You were marrying the one you love, it was both exhilarating and frightening.

"Y/n, it's time to go." Eponine says in the doorway with Enjolras. You take a deep breath, grab your bouquet and walk out with your friends to the entrance of the chapel. Your father emerges from a small door that leads to one side of the chapel.

"Oh my gosh! You look fantastic!" Tears brim his eyes as holds his hands over his mouth.

"Oh father please don't cry." You hug him.

The organ begins to play and pair by pair people begin to enter the church chapel.

"Ready?" Your father asks you.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

The bridal chorus begins to play and people stand in their seats. Marius looks to the end of the aisle ready to see a live angel from heaven. He smiles to himself. You then enter and walk down the aisle smiling at the people standing. You mouth a little 'hi' to Gavroche and he winks at you. You smile and shake your head before turning your head to the front of the chapel where Marius was standing. His mouth was open and his eyebrows were raised the slightest. He was in awe of how beautiful you looked, not that he was surprised. You kiss your father's cheek and step up onto the alter. Marius shakes your father's hand.

"Take good care of her."

"Of course sir."

Your father takes his seat at the front and smiles at you. You smile back and look at Marius. He mouths the word 'wow' and you do the same. The priest then begins the ceremony.