3

A/N: credit for plot and unchanged parts of the script go to the writers of friends.

Y/n puts her white load into her basket to soak. She then sits up on the fountain ledge, talking to Enjolras as he scrubs a pair of pants.

"Okay, I know this is gonna sound really stupid, but I feel that if I can do this, you know, if I can actually do my own laundry, there isn't anything I can't do." Y/n confesses with her hands in her lap.

"That doesn't sound stupid to me. You know, it's like the first time I had to make dinner for myself, after my mother passed away-" A bell from a nearby shop goes off loudly. "I'm sorry, that's all the time we have. Next on Enjolras..." He trails on his name as notices something in Y/n's basket in the corner of his eye.

"Uh-oh." He mumbles.

"What uh-oh?" Y/n asks worriedly, taking her hands out of her lap. 

Enjolras' eyes scramble, not wanting to tell Y/n what has occurred. "♩Uh-oh, uh-oh, the laundry's done.♩ It's, uh, it's a song. The laundry song that we sing. ♩Uh-oh the laundry's done, uh-oh, uh-oh.♩"

Y/n doesn't believe him and steps off the fountain ledge. "Enjolras, what's the matter?"

"Nothing, nothing. ♩Lee-lo, the laundry's done.♩" He continues to sing.

"Come on, show me."

"All right, all right, it's just that you left a red scarf in with all your whites, and now, everything's kind of pink." He places her basket in front of her. She gasps and bends down to pick up the now pink clothing.

"Oh, everything's pink!"

"Yeah, uh, except for the red scarf, which is still red." He holds up the scarf and nervously smiles. "I'm sorry, please don't be upset, it could happen to anyone." He says after putting the sock down and placing a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"Except it didn't. It happened to me. Oh, god, I'm gonna look like a big marshmallow. What am I doing? What am I doing? My father's right. I can't live on my own! I can't even do laundry!" She throws the pink clothes back into the basket and slaps her hands over her face.

The old woman who had tried to steal Y/n's basket walks by and laughs. Enjolras glares at her and she walks away.

"You got the clothes clean. Now that's the important part." Enjolras says, trying to make her feel better.

Her hands leave her face and fall onto the edge of the basket. "Oh, I guess. Except everything looks like nightwear now." She gets up and goes to grab her cart to place her clean clothes in until the same old woman walks over and takes it. Y/n grabs the side of the cart that was closest to her and pulls it towards her. "Whoa, I'm sorry. Excuse me. We had this cart." She says pointing to herself and Enjolras, who watches from afar. The old woman grasps the other side of the cart and yanks it closer to her. "Yeah, well, I had a flat stomach. You lose things. Now come on, let go, princess."

Y/n looks back to Enjolras, who motions to her to get the cart back. She nods and turns back to the old woman.

"I'm sorry, you know, maybe I wasn't being clear. Uh, this is our cart." Y/n says, pulling the cart closer to her.

"Hey, hey, hey there aren't any clothes in it." The old woman says and pulls it closer to her.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, quit making up rules!" Y/n shouts.

"Let go!" The old woman also shouts.

They struggle for the cart, pulling it close to themselves only for it to be pulled away.

"All right, listen, missy. If you want this cart, you're gonna have to take me with it!" Y/n shouts as she climbs into the cart and stares the old woman dead in the eyes.

The old woman looks between Y/n and Enjolras. Enjolras gives her the look of 'you heard her.' She rolls her eyes and pushes the cart towards Enjolras. She then walks away to her group of ladies, only to steal one of their carts.

Enjolras spins the cart to make Y/n face him.

"Yes! Did you see that?" Y/n squeals and smiles while holding the sides of the cart she was in.

He smiles and crouches with his hands on the cart. "You were incredible!" He gets up and shouts "a brand new woman, ladies and gentlemen!" He draws attention to himself but he doesn't care because Y/n is happy.

"I could not have done this without you." Y/n says before placing her hands on his chest, lightly pulling him down by his cravat, cupping his cheeks and kissing him. When she pulls away and lets go of him he is stunned and his face goes beet red. He is frozen in his crouched position with his mouth slightly open. Y/n climbs out of the cart and acts like nothing had just happened. While she was unfazed, Enjolras was trying to hide his blushing face and nervousness. A moment of silence follows.

"Okay, um, uh, more clothes to dry?" Enjolras turns around and falls over the ledge and into the fountain, hitting his head. Y/n's eyes widen and she looks over the fountain. He gets up and turns to her.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He waves his hand up and drops of water fall from his wet clothing. His eyes are covered by his wet blond curls and more droplets of water fall from his face.

"Are you sure?" She asks, hovering over the edge of the fountain.

His hand flies to his head. "Um...no."

THE CAFÉ MUSAIN

Enjolras, Y/n, and the rest of the boys are there. The boys had set up two straight lines of chairs for Y/n and Enjolras to lay on. Y/n lets Enjolras lean on her as she holds an ice pack to his head. His head is in the crook of her neck and her free hand wraps around him, comfortingly rubbing up and down his arm.

"Oh, are you sure you're okay?" Y/n asks again.

"Yeah." He snuggles deeper into her neck.

"Does it still hurt?"

"Yeah." Enjolras lies, not wanting to leave her embrace.

Jehan is pulling out clothes from Y/n's cart and examining them. "What a neat idea. All your clothes match. I'm going to do this."