enjolras; thank you

"Au revoir!" Y/n calls as she exits the bakery. She had just finished her late shift and wow was it dark out. She hugs her shawl closer to her body and begins to walk into the darkness.

The night was beautifully frightening. The stars were minuscule in the sky, but still visible. The moon was a thin crescent that blended well with the little stars. Y/n couldn't help but stare. It was rare for her to be able to relax. There were constantly things on her plate.

1) Pick up the flour.

2) Don't forget Margaret's flowers.

3) Create a new recipe that involves chocolate, but not too much chocolate.

Duties of all kinds swirled in her head, a head that was never empty. Her gaze from the dark sky was pulled by a deep and arcane voice.

"Evening Mademoiselle."

She squinted her eyes to better see the source of the mysterious voice. The man, she presumed, was hidden in a shadow.

"What are you doing out so late?"

"Um, I was just heading home. Bonne nuit." She says quickly before starting to speed walk in the direction of home.

The man emerged from the murk and uncrossed his arms from his chest. "Need an escort?"

She gulped and kept her eyes forward. "That's quite alright, thank you though. Once again, bonne nuit." She hastened her steps but was suddenly stopped by the same man standing in front of her, blocking her path.

"Why are you being rude?"

She shook her head at him and tried to move past him, but he stepped with her, blocking her path again.

"I just want to help you."

"Monsieur, I assure you, I do not need your help." Her eyes slightly widen as she attempts to escape. She gets by the man but comes to a halt by a hand gripping her wrist. Her breath hitches as she is pulled into the man's chest. His arm tightly holds her back into his chest as he strokes a finger over her cheek.

"Mademoiselle, let me help you." He whispers, leaning into her neck. She raises her shoulder up to her cheek to avoid his alcohol stained lips touching her bare skin. The man pushes her shoulder down sharply as his hand begins to reach for her chest.

"Come darling."

He begins to pull her into an alley, to which she struggles to get out of his grip. He keeps a strong grip on her and continues to pull her into the shadows.

"Stop!" She begins to shout demands at him, still struggling to get out of his grasp. Then she remembered the words of her father. 'If ever in a hassle, hug a tree... Now that your mother isn't in the room, scream. Scream loudly no matter how unladylike it is.' And with that, she screams. The sound echoes off of the buildings and fades into the night until she screams again. The man slaps a hand over her mouth and finally gets her into the dark.

He licks his lips and places his hands on her neck and the wall behind her. He chuckles and leans in to kiss her. She tightly shuts her eyes and attempts to turn her head away, but once again, his tight grip defeats her. As his breath nears her face, tears begin to brim her eyes as she purses her lips together.

The expectant lip-lock never occurs. Dirty hands no longer held her body and she sighs in relief. She opens her eyes and sees the abusive man on the floor, underneath another man who was repetitively punching him. The men continue to fight on the floor, pinning each other down and swinging fists at one another.

Y/n cautiously walks to the lamp light in front of the alley, just wanting to get home safely. Once she reaches the post, she grips it and watches as the man who wanted to harm her ran away, deeper into the shadows Y/n was once in. The man who had saved her appeared from the dark to join Y/n in the light. He was clutching his stomach as he walked towards the startled woman.