1

A/N: credit for plot and unchanged parts of the script go to the writers of friends. i also used a little bit of another episode in this part, 'the one with all the poker.' credit goes to the friends writers for the unchanged script. yes, another friends episode. yes.

Y/n was nearing the end of her shift at the Café Musain. She walked up the stairs to the meeting room to gather empty glasses and see her best boys. She entered the room and was instantly greeted by everyone there. She began to talk to Joly and Marius, each smiling fondly as she approached. Enjolras and Combferre sat at a table near the window, away from everyone else in the room.

"You know, I can't believe you. Amelié is so great! Why won't you go out with her again?" Combferre asked as he lightly hit Enjolras' arm with the back of his hand.

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"Is this still about her whole 'books are for the ugly' thing?"

Enjolras furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head. "No, it's not just that. It's just—I want someone who... who does something for me, you know? Who gets my heart pounding, who... who makes me, uh..." He loses his words as he begins to stare at Y/n lovingly from across the room.

"...little playthings with yarn?" Combferre jokes.

"What?" Enjolras breaks his gaze to meet Combferre's eyes.

"Could you want her more?" He says with a laugh, waving his hand in the direction of Y/n.

"Who?"

"Madame Houcheloup." Combferre says sarcastically.

"Look, I am totally, totally over her, okay, I just-" Y/n comes over to their table and Enjolras lays his head on the table and smiles at her. 

"Hiiii!"

She chuckles at Enjolras. "Hi! How are you?"

"We're fine, we're fine." Enjolras assures as she takes the empty glass Combferre was holding out to her.

"Okay." She says before walking away. Enjolras watches her walk away to another table, his head still laying on the table. He stares and begins to daydream until Combferre smacks him with a newspaper, causing him to jump up and glare at his friend.

-

Y/n exhaled loudly and blew some hair out of her face as she approached a table that consisted of Bahorel, Grantaire, Courfeyrac and Eponine. She was dying to take off her apron and put down the heavy glasses that she held on her metal tray. Just 10 more minutes she thought.

"Does anybody want anything else?" She asked the table.

Bahorel turns to her "oh, yeah, last week you had a wonderful, nutty, chocolatey kind of a cakey pie thing." Y/n gives him a dirty look and taps her finger on the metal tray she held in front of her stomach impatiently. "Nothing, just, just, I'm fine." He says turning away from her.

"What's the matter? Why so scrunchy?" Grantaire asks, scrunching his nose on the last word of his question.

"It's my father. He wants to give me a white horse."

"That guy, he burns me up." Bahorel says with a chuckle until Y/n slaps him upside the head.

"Yeah, well, it's the majestic horse if I move back home. Oh, it was horrible. He called me young lady."

"Ooh, I hate when my father calls me that." Courfeyrac says, receiving an eye roll from both Eponine and Y/n.

"Did he give you that whole 'you're-not-up-to-this' thing again?" Eponine asks, turning to Y/n.

"Oh, yes, yes. Actually, I got the extended classical version, with three choruses of 'you'll never make it on your own.' Alright, well I should get back to work. Someone shoot me." She says as she turns to clean an empty table on the other side of the room. Once she reached the table, she placed her tray down and pulled the rag out from her apron. She began to clear the table from wine drops and crumbs until a voice stopped her.

"So, uh, Y/n, what are you, uh, what're you doing tonight?" Enjolras asks her, his hands in his pockets as he rocked back and forth.

She places the rag down and wipes her hands on her apron. "Oh, big glamour night. Me and Madame H are doing laundry by the fountain."

"Oh, you uh, you wanna hear a freaky coincidence? Guess who's doing laundry there too?"

"Who?" She asks.

"Me. Was that not clear? Hey, why don't, um, why don't I just join you both there?" He puts on a hopeful smile.

Y/n places her hands in her pockets before asking "don't you have a laundry room in your building?"

He begins to stammer. "Yes, yes I do have a laundry room in my building, um, but there's a.... rat problem. Apparently they're attracted to the, uh, the soap, and the clothes just aren't getting th- CLEAN. The clothes, they, they can't get clean without soap!" He shouts. There is a awkward silence between the two. Y/n slightly furrows her eyebrows and nods.

"Anyway, say, sevenish?" He asks, screaming on the inside about what he had previously said.

"Sure." She says with a smile and nod, before placing the rag onto her tray and finishing off her shift. He watches her leave the room. Once she closes the door behind her, Enjolras shakes a fist in excitement and smiles while biting his lip.