marius; so close

You and Marius, your best friend, were in his apartment after a long day of running errands together. You both sat on the couch of his living room talking about whatever thought popped into your heads. You sat upright on the far end of the couch whilst he laid flat on his back with his head on your lap and feet on top of the couch's arm rest. He played with your hand that once laid upon his chest as you spoke about the events of the day.

"When we were picking up breakfast this morning, there was this group of men who had their waistcoats around their heads. They wore them like headbands and were so obviously intoxicated- Marius Pontmercy, are you listening to me?"

"Of course."

You raised your eyebrows. "Oh, is that so? Then what was I saying just now?"

"You were speaking about the men who wore their waistcoats wrong. You said at breakfast you saw a group of men wearing their waistcoats like headbands and that they were intoxicated."

"Huh, I guess you were listening."

"I always listen to you Y/n."

You scoff. "Yeah, right." He places the hand he was playing with down on his chest and overlaps his hands over it. He then looks up at you.

"I know that your favourite colour is periwinkle, that your favourite drink is green tea, that your favourite scent is melted butter on the stove, and that your least favourite scent is pepper, the spice. You love the vegetable though. I know how you chipped your tooth when you were an infant and I know that you are afraid of circus clowns. I know all this because I listen to you."

Your eyes widened as your eyebrows raised even higher. "Wow, okay. That was unexpected." He starts to play with your hand again and chuckles lightly. "What can I say, I'm a man full of surprises." You scoff and roll your eyes. "I don't believe that for a second."

Marius sits up straight and looks to you. "Oh really?" You nod and smirk. He then pounces towards you and begins to tickle you. You both laugh as you try and push him away but fail. (gif above) You continue to playfully fight until you both fall off of the couch and onto the floor, still in each other's embrace. He was flat on his back as you lay on top of him. Your noses are touching and lips are parted, both blushing viciously. His eyes transferred from your eyes to your lips, before pursing his own in thought. You copy Marius' actions and begin to lean in as well. Both of your eyes fall shut and breaths get held. Your lips are lightly brushing against each-

"I'm home!"

Courfeyrac's voice booms through the whole apartment. Marius drops his head to the floor and your eyes travel to the buttons on his shirt.

"Where are yo- oh Marius! You have a bedroom, man!"

You both scramble off each other and stand with a distance between you two.

"N-no, we-we weren't doing... anything." He says, sounding quite disappointed. You let your hands smooth over your dress as you sigh.

"Um, I think I'm going to go home..."

Both boys look to you.

"So soon?"

"Okay."

You nod nervously at Marius and kiss Courfeyrac's cheek before exiting the apartment.

-

Marius watches you fade from view from the window. Once you are gone, he turns to Courfeyrac, who was putting away some bread rolls, and yells

"WHY WOULD YOU INTERRUPT?!"

This startles Courfeyrac, resulting in him dropping the rolls of bread onto the floor. "What?"

"Ugh, I was-we were about to kiss!"

Courfeyrac makes an 'o' shape with his mouth before letting on a face of grimace and apology.

"Sorr-"

"Save it."

Marius then goes into his bedroom, but not before slamming his door. Courfeyrac chuckles and rolls his eyes before picking up the bread rolls.

"Men, so dramatic."