「Chapter 15」

„Are you ready?" one of the camera men asked and I nodded. First interview, here we go. „Introduce yourself, please." „Hello, my name is Park Yuna and I'm Felix Lee's girlfriend. Me and one of our friends wrote the show a request to go on the show because of my boyfriend." I explained. „And what exactly happened to him?" another person wanted to know. „4 months ago, he was hit by a car. He was in a coma for over 3 months afterwards and is now mostly paralized and handycapped." „And why did you write a request to go on the show?" „We got an offer for some major surgery to help Felix get a lot of moveability  back. But that would be around 1 million dollar. His health ensourance wouldn't pay for it and we can't afford it either. And one of our friends who had recently moved here from Korea recommended going on this show, because you managed to help out other people with fund-raising." I explained and wiped a tear off my face. „Can you explain some of the differences between before his accident and now?" One of the people asked. I took a second to think of as few examples as possible, because I didn't want this interview to last 2 days. „Well.. He danced a lot back then and about two months before he had the accident, he made one of his biggest wishes come true and joined the dance team of our school. That's where we actually met Hyunjin, who recommended going on this show. Yeah, Felix was really athletic. He worked out a lot, went swimming a lot, he even won the swimming carnival in 2015. And now, Felix struggles a lot to gain the necessary weight. He has times when he can't even really open his eyes, but then again, there's times when he can walk almost normally. And of course he has to go undertake surgery relatively often. I think he had about 10 to 12 surgeries while being in a coma, and like 3 to 5 surgeries while being awake. The most recent one was when his appendix burst. We're still not sure how it happened." The solo interview was now finally finished and I was allowed to go back to Felix and Hyunjin. „W-What did you say?" Lix stumbled and took my hand. „Nothing bad, don't worry. You'll see once the episode is finished." I laughed and sat down next to him. „Nicely spoken." Hyunjin complimented. „Felix? It's your turn now." One of the producers said and Felix wheeled himself into the light of the softboxes. „Introduce yourself, please." „I'm Felix Lee from Sydney, Australia. I'm 17 years old and turning 18 soon." He said in his deep, calming voice. „And why are you on this show?" the producer asked. „Because I'm bound to a wheelchair since my accident. And now I practically need the surgeries to survive are too expensive for me, my girlfriend and my mum to pay." Lix explained. The staff nodded. „Your girlfriend already gave a detailed explanation about your current situation. Any words for her?" „Oh wow... Thousands of words. I just...can't express how thankful I am. I've had a time where I had a really dark mindset. I had times when I thought everything would be better if I had just died. She always stayed by my side. As bad as it sounds, she often forced me to do things I didn't want to. Lina was the one who forced me to visit my friends from the dance team, which actually led to me meeting Hyunjin. I remember that when I woke up from the coma, I was really confused. I didn't know where I was, what time was it, for how long I had been asleep and why I can't move anything. Seeing her come into my room, and hugging her, was one of the best moments in my life. I still can't get rid of the thought that she watched me getting hit by the car. She's just always with me. Lina, I hope you know that I love you!" He said, smiled and was let back to me. I immediately put my arms around him. „I do. I do know. I'll never stop loving you, babe." I said while pressing my head on his chest. We stayed like this for a while, so I didn't even notice that Hyunjin was already done with his interview.
We filmed almost 4 days for the show and after that, it was just waiting for the episode to be released.