「Chapter 39」

"His muscles are desolving, which could kill him. It's possible he'll fall into a coma as well. We're still trying to figure out a therapy plan. We'll give you time to talk" a man said and some people came into the room, shuffling Lina in front of them. It couldn't be possible. That must've been a mistake! They must've gotten some results switched up! Felix wanted to somehow gesture that he was fine, but he was too weak to even lift his head. They did what they had already announced by pulling out the tubes and waiting for the man to breathe on his own again. It hurt, but he had to pull through. Lix breathed heavily, trying to especially show them that he could do it. "There's a treatment we could do, but it needs his approval. Since It's unlikely he's aware of the situation, we can't do it. We'll leave you two alone." a doctor said, earning a grunt from his patient. But apparently, the medic had already left and Lina was holding her fiance's hand. "I want the treatment, no matter of how painful it is." he explained, trying to lift his head again. "Lixie.." Lina said and gently pressed his head back down. "I know it's your choice, but the procedure they're going to do is a spinal tab, which is a big big needle being poke into your spine. I really don't want you to go through that pain. You've been through so much.." she's right, but.. I don't wanna be completely helpless! Felix thought and somehow managed to convince Li to call a doctor and let them do the spinal tap. They had to change his clothes though, and since he couldn't move, they had to undress (underwear still on, I'm not that weird) and dress him again. He was wearing a green gown with only a small square left free on his back. "We need to see if you can move everything, that's why we can't give you anesthesia. It also would be very risky to put it right in your spine." the same medic as always said, meanwhile he pinched Felix' back. I can't walk anyways, so it wouldn't change anything. The young man thought to himself and got a bit mad. "We'll start now, please squeeze your girlfriend's hand and try to STAY still." with those words, something stung him in the back. He kind of crumbled forwards, trying to escape what felt like someone trying to rip out his spine. "STOP STOP STOP!" he screamed and tried to roll over, but he couldn't do it. "Lina I'm in pain! Make it stop, please make it stop!" he begged while they continued to insert the needle deeper into his back. Every few seconds or so, an extra dose of pain shot through his legs, spine and head. He pressed his head into a pillow while also squeezing Li's hands. “You've almost done it, just a bit more." someone said, but Felix couldn't give a f*ck to find out who it was. "Just a little deeper and we're done alright? You're doing great." they kept saying, but he didn't care. He just kept crying and whimpering, until they pulled out the needle. It was the greatest feeling ever. “This procedure won't save your life, we're sorry about that, but it saved a bit of your mobility." someone said once more, but Lix just nodded. He was happy that he had made it through the procedure. “Yes! Yes yes yes!" he cheered on himself, making his girlfriend laugh. “Good job Felix! Can you move your legs for me?" another woman, a nurse, asked of him. Lix tried to, but could only stick out his left leg. “Well done, now what about the other one? I'll help you a bit." the nurse said and slightly unbend his leg. But Felix couldn't feel it. He didn't even notice it. “I can't move the right one, I'm sorry." he mumbled and started to try even harder to at least mentally reach his leg, but that also didn't work. “It's fine. It's probably too soon after the procedure, it'll be better in a few hours. You're probably tired now. We'll let you sleep for some time now and then try it again in a few hours, Okay Felix?" He got offered and nodded. Lix just wanted to sleep and best not wake up until the pain was over. “Lixie you're such a trooper. My trooper." Lina said and crouched down besides him, looking into his eyes. “Do you think that makes it better?" he asked, accidentally sounding very angry. “Do you think words can make pain go away? Pain that almost drives me insane? Do you think a 'well done' makes it any easier? You don't even know what I'm going through!" Was that really me who just said that? Felix asked himself right after finishing the last sentence, being overwhelmed by his own anger. But he was right. He had every reason to be angry. Maybe not specifically at Lina, but definetly at the car driver. That person would've deserved what the teenager was going through now. That would've been a worthy punishment for almost killing him and ruining his life. "I'm glad you're doing better." The girl, his girl, said and chuckled a bit. “What do you mean?" “I mean that you're feeling good enough to be mad at me." she explained.