『Chapter 23』

„Felix, meet your new roommate!" the usual nurse said and pushed in a boy, who was lying in a bed. „Have fun you two." she said and left. The guy smiled. Why are so many koreans here? Felix asked himself, seeing the clearly Asian dude. „I'm Jisung, but my English name is Peter. I don't care what you call me." he introduced himself, making Felix do the same. „I'm Felix. I have a Korean name too, but it's really...let's say not nice. Nice to meet you. Why are you in the hospital?" „Funny story, glad that you asked. So I was playing football with my friends, and I got the ball hitting my crotch, so I went and punched the dude, who kicked the ball, in the face. Somehow that guy had such a hard face, I literally shattered my hand." Jisung couldn't hold back a smile. Felix also laughed, forgetting being miserable and even being in the hospital. „Woah, that poor guy. Why'd you punch him for getting a ball in the balls?" he asked, ridiculing the other boy's actions. „I don't know, man. It frickn hurt." he explained. Felix chuckled, sitting up again. „I can imagine. How old are you?" „I turned 18 last week." „Me too! My birthday's on the 15th." „No way! Mine's on the 14th! Dude, we were made to be friends." 'Peter' reached out with his hand, making the other man also do the same and give him a high five. „So what's up with you? I guess that's your wheelchair." „I was in a car accident. I'll be so nice and spare you the details. I'm now at a point where I can't really get up on my own, yet walk, so I'm kinda helpless. My girlfriend says I'm like her child now." Jisung looked a bit surprised. „Aah, okayy. Felix here has a girlfriend. Okayyyyy. When can I meet her?" he demanded to know. „Haha, she sayd she's gonna come over today. Our class was out of town for a week, so I didn't see her. I think you'll like her, but not too much!" he half joked, half threatened. Jisung winked, then laughed.

Someone knocked on the door. „Is that your girlfriend?" Jisung asked Felix, who he was playing Minecraft with. Felix wheeled himself to the door, somehow hurting his arm. When he finally arrived, Lina was already inside and on her knees, hugging her boyfriend tight. He slid out of the wheelchair, allowing the girl to completely put her arms around him. Now, they were on the ground, hugging. „You wanna continue hugging?" „Yeah.." „Okay baby, we'll keep hugging." Lina definetly sounded more like his mother than girlfriend. He felt his knees popping and the unpleasant weight on his hips come back, but he didn't care as long as she was in his arms. „Don't leave me alone for so long ever again." he begged, Li nodded. „Babe, come on and let me go, I want to meet your roommate, too." she explained, helping Felix back into the wheelchair. She went to introduce herself to Jisung, almost immediately asking him something in Korean. They talked in the foreign language for quite a while, but he didn't care. The 'wheelchair boy' really loved it when Lina, or just anyone, introduced a new culture and language to him. „I've actually brought something we can look at together." the girl said, pulling something rather familiar looking out of her bag. „Woah! My mum always told me to write down what I wanted to be on my birthdays!" Felix explained and opened the book. He started reading. „Five years old: I want to be a soccer player!, Six years old: I want to be a millionaire!, Seven years old: I still want to be a millionaire!, Eight years old: I want to be a professional swimmer and win many gold medals! Oh, I missed a few birthdays there, Fifteen years old: I want to be a professional dancer and rapper, since music is my passion!, Sixteen years old: I still want to be a dancer and rapper!, Seventeen years old: I just want to get married to Lina and work as a dancer." he stopped, noticing the eighteenth birthday was missing. He grabbed a pen and started writing. „Eighteen years old: I still want to get married to Lina and also win a dance competition!" he wrote down and also read it oud loud. Li patted his back. „You'll do that for sure." she said and kissed him on the cheek. „You never wanted to be a vet?" Jisung joked. „No, you?" „Yeah! And you also never wanted to be an astronaut? Or politician? You're really...interesting." he laughed.

Felix woke up again, hugging a sound asleep Lina. „They look so cute together!" someone said and he saw a flash. „What the hell?" he asked semi-loud and sat up a little bit. It were Hoshu, Chris and Peter who he had heard earlier, Chris holding a phone. „Oh shit, he woke up, time to run!" Hoshu said, jumped up and ran around the room. „If I run fast enough, maybe I can confuse them, like a zebra!" he shouted, making everyone laugh and even waking Li up. „Oh.. Hi guys." she said, waving at everyone. „Hi" Chris started and again said something in Korean to her. They talked for a while, and because of that Felix just lied down again, trying to ignore them. Someone poke him in the belly, making him sit up again. „Just wait till I get you!" he said to Hoshu, grabbed his wheelchair and slid into it, then started chasing the boy around. „I'm faster than you!" he said, rolling over the teenager's foot. „Ouch!" Felix laughed now. „Don't mess with the guy in a wheelchair, got it?" „Got it!"