『Chapter 41』

Felix was being wheeled to the next therapy session. The person who was pushing him was Lina. He didn't want to go to therapy. Even if it was helping him to re-learn how to walk, he didn't like it at all. Even if it felt so good every time he looked into the mirror, standing while holding onto the bars, he didn't want to go. Not at all. No one was forcing him, yet he still went. “If you do well, I'm gonna buy us coffee and cakes." his girlfriend said behind him. “You're gonna have to buy four cakes and coffee then, 'cause I'mma destroy my legs for frickn coffee right now!" he exclaimed and slammed his fist onto his legs. Both of them started laughing and stopped in the middle of the hallway. “Oh gosh! Did you have to do that?!" she said and kneeled down. “I wasn't joking though." Felix just answered and gave the wheels of his chair a little push, making him bump into the girl. After they had finally stopped laughing, they went into the room and therapy started. “Now, Felix, do you think you can stand up on your own today?" the therapist asked. “Since your girlfriend is here, you're gonna push yourself a little bit more, aren't you?" Lix really tried to do so, but it wasn't very easy standing up. How was he supposed to stand up, when his legs were just flopping around and his arms weren't the strongest ones either? It was almost impossible. “Okay, you try standing up and I go to my office to get something real quick." the therapist said and almost instantly stormed out the room. Felix, who had almost made it out of the wheelchair, fell back into it. “Think about what I said about the coffee. You can do it if you try." Lina said as she walked up to him. “Can you at least help me? Like, can you dip my wheelchair to the front so my feet get onto the ground?" he almost desperately asked and waited for what the girl would do next. She leaned over to him, kissed his head and did what her boyfriend asked of her. Once his feet were steady on the ground, the boy had less problems pulling himself up. Only once he saw it, he remembered how short Li was compared to him, even if he wasn't one of the tallest guys around. “Can you hug me really quickly? I can't stand up for too long!" Felix said and again, his wife-to-be did so. He fought for his legs not to break apart below them, and luckily they didn't. It hurt, yes, but the feeling of hugging someone he loved was so great, it made him ignore everything. Even when Li let go of him, and...