Chapter 51

LATER IN THE WEEK/ YOUR POV/ AROUND 3:00 AM:
~~~~~~~~
I read over the draft for my email, groaning as I rub my temples to reduce my headache.

Reply to: praguemonitor@gmail.com
Cc: <None>
Subject: Re: "Night Monkey" Appearance After Seemingly Alien Attack at Festival of Lights

Prague Monitor writer,

I have read over your article and regret to inform you that I personally know of no superhero that goes by the alias of "Night Monkey" or "Mysterio". The Man of Mystery has appeared on the news about a similar incident in London, but as for the Night Monkey, I unfortunately cannot help you there. There are no such people as these two on the Avengers team, and there are no similarities to any members that I know of. If this is the first you know of these heroes, I agree with the used term of "vigilantes". I would recommend keeping the story of these two quite minimal until more information is found so as to not have an unsolved mystery on your hands.

I am incredibly sorry to hear of the harm to your city, especially during such an important festival, and I also wish that I could be of more assistance.

My condolences and best wishes,

(Y/n) Romanoff-Stark
Head of Stark Industries

My god, Peter, what are you getting yourself into? I send the email, shutting my laptop and sighing. I scroll through some of my old texts to clear my mind, laughing at a few.

Messages to: "Cool Hat Guy :P"

One month ago

Cool Hat Guy :P
OH MY GOD YOU'RE THE HEAD OF STARK INDUSTRIES LIKE THAT'S SO FREAKING CRAZY WHAT THE FUCK
WOW
MY BEST FRIEND LIVED WITH TONY STARK
AND THE AVENGERS
HOLY SHIT
THIS IS AWESOME

Messages to: "Princess Thompson"

Five days ago

Princess Thompson
penis parker was talking about that you're head of stark industries
and i remembered that i wanted to ask you a question
or two, actually
anyway, do you know Spider-Man??
and can i get an autograph?
please?
wait that's three sorry

My door slams open, revealing a breathless Happy.

"What the hell, man, it's three a.m.!"

He puts a hand on the doorframe for support, leaning forward as he tries to catch his breath. "Peter needs us."

I jump up, immediately running past him, turning to see him standing in the same spot. "Well, come on!" I exclaim, and he turns, pulling out his phone. "Get to the landing pad, I'm getting someone to prepare the jet."

"On it. Where is he, anyway?"

He says the name of a town that sounds like gibberish. "He's in whata-whata-whata-what-now?"

"He's in the Netherlands."

"Oh that's actually really cool- wait, why the hell is he in the Netherlands?"

"I don't know, maybe if we get to him, we'll find out!"

He breezes past me, holding his phone up to his ear. I sigh, shifting and running to the landing pad. God, that boy just can't escape trouble, can he?

AFTER THE FLIGHT (idk how long it was in the movie I'm sorry)
~~~~~~~~
Happy steps out of the jet, and I stay a few steps behind him, my heart stinging at the sight of Peter. His voice cuts through the sound of the engine, "Happy? Is that you?"