Chapter 52

YOUR POV:
~~~~~~~~
I touch my necklace, my suit forming snugly around me as I run outside the jet with Happy, moving in the opposite direction with my mask on but hood off. I pull off a metal disc from my glove, holding it flat in my palm. "Scan the area," I command, and a small holographic radar forms above my palm. Tony had the ingenious idea of a portable AI design, stored in the multiple discs creating the hem of the gloves on my suit. They form the border of fabric to metal and work similarly to the Kimoyo beads used in Wakanda, only these are more personalized.

"Incoming drone your way, kid," Tony's recorded voice sounds in my built-in earpiece, and I duck as my spine tingles. The jet blows up, sending civilians running as billowing smoke rises to the sky. I return the disc to my wrist, where it rejoins the lining, and start sprinting past the ruined aircraft and towards Happy, seeing him usher a group of my old classmates to the Tower of London.

I look around, pulling off another disc and flipping it up into the air. I catch it as it falls, enlarging the projection. I study the various heat signatures, eyes widening.

The programming of these Defensive Automated Discs-- DAD for short-- works in different ways, depending on how I want them to. It can send out an undetectable sonar radar, almost like echolocation, or take a thermographic picture, both of which are extremely useful for situations like right now. But, if it was my intention, I could issue a missile launch halfway across the world. All I'd have to do is use the disc, pull up a computer's coding, and hack into the system. Simple.

Most machinery is depicted as a warm yellow color. And right now, there are thousands of cloaked drones within a three mile radius. I zoom into the hologram, focusing on a cluster of drones that seems to be protecting someone.

"Hey, DAD?"

"Yeah, kid?"

"How do I get up here without being caught?"

THE WALKWAY
~~~~~~~~
"Well, get it back up again!..... They'll see what I want them to see."

I stay hidden as Mysterio talks to his team, looking at the drones outside. I pull my hood up, keeping my face hidden as I step out. "Can I just, you know, clarify a few things with you?" I ask, making his head snap over to me. "You're trying to form an Avengers-level threat, with a fake you fighting it off, kill a group of high schoolers, and be the greatest superhero in the world, all because Tony Stark pissed you off, correct? Nice leotard, by the way."

He groans, "Peter spoke to you, too."

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"Kill you."

I shift, running towards him as the drones form an illusion of darkness around me. 'Fuck.' I revert back, trying to use my senses.

My stomach drops just before a sharp pain shoots through my side, something ramming into me immediately after. I fall through a surface, the sound of glass smashing as the world around me returns to normal. I gasp, my back nearly slamming onto the concrete below as I reach my hand out for anything to hold onto.

My body jerks as my neck snaps back, hair brushing against the ground. I tighten my fist as my elbow and shoulder pop, biting back a cry of pain. My hair whips against my face as Peter swings me to the river walk, and I let go of the web as my body leans in its direction. I fall onto the concrete, rolling over a bit and looking up as I kneel, my uninjured hand supporting me.

I watch as Peter swings back to Mysterio, and I press my hand to my side, wincing at what I hope is a bruise. I pull my hand away and look down, blood staining my fingers. Looking down at the hole in my suit, I examine the injury, noticing that it doesn't look too serious.

I see people staring at me, and I pull my hood up, hoping to any god out there that Peter will be okay.