Chapter 53

YOUR POV:
~~~~~~~~
"Goodness," I mutter as Peter limps over to me and Happy, face bloody. I hold my arms out, and he wraps his around waist.

"SHIT!"

Peter pulls away, worry on his face as I clutch my side. "Are you okay? Did I do something?"

I shake my head, scrunching my face up as pain shoots through me. "Holy fuck, that hurts. Ugh, oh my god.... You're good. I just forgot that I have a bullet lodged in my side and have been bleeding out for the past few minutes."

"(Y/N)!"

"What?"

"ARE YOU INSANE? YOU JUST GOT SHOT AND LET IT BE?!"

"I mean, I also have a dislocated elbow and shoulder if you wanna yell at me more."

"YOU- ... my god, I'm friends with an absolute idiot with no regard for her safety."

"It's a flesh wound, I'm fine."

"Well, when you put it that way."

"No need to get all sarcastic with me."

"You have got to be kidding me right now. Come on, let Happy take care of you."

Peter supports me as he helps me to the new, flown-in jet, much to my annoyance. Happy walks in behind us, dialing a phone number. "Hey, Stephen?..... Yeah, I need your help."

Peter sits me down on one of the seats, and I give him a grateful smile, "Thank youuuu."

He rolls his eyes, running a frustrated hand through his hair. I lean forward as he sits in front of me, "So...?"

He looks down, shyly, "So, what?"

"Did you kiss her? Peter, if you haven't told MJ how you feel, I'm gonna get out of this jet and tell her myself, bullet wound or not."

I start to stand, but Peter immediately gets up and gently pushes me down by my shoulders. "No. You, my crazy friend, are going to sit right here until I deem you less insane and safe enough to be around the rest of humanity."

I grumble, crossing my arms as Peter sits back down in front of me. "And," he starts, and my head snaps up, "I... uh, I kinda might've told her I liked her, and she said that she liked me too and then..."

I squeal, jumping up and giving him a hug, "Oh my god, that's amazing- shit, I forgot that I am injured, holy fuck."

I wince as Peter helps me sit down again, shaking his head yet still smiling. "Chill out."

"I can't help it! You got the girl, Pete! Even though you're dorky."

"Hey."

"I'm kidding! You are a... reasonably attractive science nerd."

"Oh, my god," he mutters, and I laugh, getting a smile from him. "Ow," I wince as my elbow bumps my side.

"You really need to calm down."

"I do, don't I?"

"Yes. Now don't move."

"But-"

"Listen to the kid," a new voice says. I turn my head to see a face that I last saw at Tony's funeral. "Hi, um, Mister Doctor Strange, sir. My friend has-" "A bullet in her side, yes. I should be able to take care of it, easily."

Peter bounces on his toes, biting his lower lip and looking at me in worry. "Are you sure?"

I smile at him, "Don't worry, Pete. Go to your girlfriend, I'll be fine."

"She's in good hands, kid," Happy says, clapping Peter's shoulder.

"I've dealt with worse," Dr. Strange reassures him, and Peter visibly relaxes. "Okay. Just don't get shot again when I'm gone," he tells me, sternly, and I laugh. "Okay, Mom."

He rolls his eyes, quickly squeezing my hand before rushing out of the jet.

THREE DAYS LATER
~~~~~~~~
"Spider-Man's name is- ... Spider-Man's name is Peter Parker!"

I choke on my coffee, "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Shit.

Shit, shit, shit.

Oh, my god, this is not good. Not good at all.

I whip out my phone, frantically dialling a number. "Hello?..... Yes, hi, this is (y/n) Romanoff-Stark...... Yes, I'd like to organize a press conference, as soon as you can give me...... All the news sources that are available, and make it live coverage as well..... With any to all of the channels that are accessible to citizens nationwide...... No, I need it sooner than that...... Can you bump it up any more?..... Okay, that works.....Thank you."

I hang up the call and go to my contacts, tapping on Peter's and pacing frantically. His voice immediately comes over the line. "Oh, my god, I need help."

"I don't care about MJ, get your ass over here without being seen. ASAP."