Chapter 68

SIX MONTHS LATER/ YOUR POV:
~~~~~~~~
"Peter!" I yell, running up behind him and jumping on his back. He catches me as I wrap my arms around his neck, leaning forward and kissing his cheek. He laughs as I nuzzle my face into his neck, and he hoists me up onto his back more so that I don't fall. "Hello, (y/n)," he chuckles, and I smile against his skin.

"I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

"Why did you have to be gone so long?"

"It was two hours."

I bring my head up, glaring at his side profile. "That's too long."

He sets me down, turning around to face me as his hands take their places on either side of my waist. "You're right."

"I always am."

He leans down, softly kissing my lips as his long, curly hair falls into my face. I simply brush it away, smiling into the kiss just as it tickles my forehead again.

I pull away, combing his hair back with my fingers, "You need to get this cut, Spidey."

"What? This?" He shakes his head, purposefully making it fall back down and cover his eyes. I chuckle at his dorky smile, brushing it out of his face.

"But then I can't see your face. And I wanna see it because when you smile, your eyes light up, and it's really pretty."

He scoffs, blushing a bit as I quote him. "I was fourteen, cut it out."

I pout, "You were adorable."

"Am I not anymore?"

"Not as much, no."

He raises a hand to his heart in fake offense, lifting his chin and turning away as he harrumphs. "Aw, I'm sorry. Did I hurt your feelings?"

He rolls his eyes, and I laugh as he crosses his arms. "You're even cuter," I get onto my tiptoes to press a peck to his cheek, and he smiles. "I forgive you now," he states, making me smile. He pulls me into a bear hug, and I nestle my head into his chest, feeling the soft thump of his heartbeat. He hums softly, leaning his head on mine as he adjusts his strong arms around me. "I love you so much," he mutters, and I pull away, my eyes slightly widening.

"You what?"