Chapter 34

did you get my stranger things reference??
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

THE BOOK:
~~~~~~~~

Page 564

Chapter 32- The Letter

As he looked down at the tiny bundle, the child's father silently cried, knowing that he had to say goodbye. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, and a cool drop fell onto her face. The infant burbled, her tiny nose scrunched up as she slept. Her father turned around and picked up a pen, trying to steady his fingers. His tears fell onto the small slip of parchment, the neatly-written words of ink smudging as they bled through.

'My dearest daughter,

'I know that you must have many questions, and I wish that I could give you the answers. But I also know that I will be long gone by the time you read this. I don't know if I will ever be able to see you again. Just know that these few months I've spent with you, taking care of you, loving you, have been the best moments of my entire lifetime. I am so sorry, my little one, that I cannot be there beside you, or at least watch you live your life from afar. There is no sliver of doubt in my heart that you will have grown into a beautiful, strong, brave, and caring young woman when these words find you. However, you will struggle with your destiny and the responsibility that comes with it. This I know for certain. But I am sure that you are fully able and resilient enough to step up to your duties without hesitation. I only hoped that I would be able to guide you through the tough times and confusion, the moments where you're lost with nowhere to go. And although things may seem hard, that doesn't mean that they're over. Life may hurt you, over and over, but remember the hurt, because the hurt is good. It may tear you down, but in the end, it's what builds you right back up. It makes you look fear dead in the eye with your back strong and straight, even though you may be trembling. So stay strong, my little one, because soon enough, there will come a time where you'll wish you did.

'I wish I could have seen you grow into who you are right now. I'm sure that is what you wanted, too. But no matter the circumstance, my love for you overflows and continues to, every day. You are the light of my life, my lovely (y/n). Even when times seem dim and I'm far away, you always will be. I love you, my dear. With all my heart.'

Hours later, the child's bedroom flooded with a soft light from the moon, and a crisp, mournful howl echoed through the night.

Page 567

Publisher's Note

We feel obliged to inform readers about this author's fate. He chose to remain unnamed and faceless out of a regard for his own privacy and has not written any other pieces of literature. Unfortunately, the writer passed away one week after the first copy of this novel was released to the public. The cause of death is not to be revealed out of confidentiality and respect for his family.

He rests with his wife, but his legacy is left behind by his main inspiration: his daughter.