Chapter 9

YOUR POV:
~~~~~~~~
I groan, lifting my head from... the floor? I look around to see myself lying on the wood of my bedroom floor, the other Avengers, including Pepper and Rhodey, sleeping in a messy circle. The other Avengers except Nat, I must say. I quickly sit up, gasping when I realize what must have happened last night.

Oh no.

No, no, no, no, no.

Tears sting the corners of my eyes when I realize that now they know what I am, they'll probably send me away. I knew this was too good to be true. Their jobs are to rid the world of dangerous or evil beings, and I fit into the category of 'dangerous'. Nat walks into the room right when the silent tears start falling. She sets down the two mugs that are in her hands and runs over to me, falling to her knees and pulling me into a hug. I sniffle as she rubs my back, hushing me, "It's okay, sweetie, it's okay. Don't cry, alright? You're okay." She pulls away when my shoulders stop shaking from my crying, and she places her hands on my cheeks, wiping away my tears. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I pause, thinking for a moment before sniffling again. "I don't know," I say, my lips quivering. Nat pulls me into another hug and squeezes me, quickly. "And that's perfectly okay, alright? I made you some hot chocolate, so we can just sit down and talk about other things. Or if you don't want to talk at all, that's okay, too." Another pair of arms wraps around me and Nat, and I look up to see Tony smiling down at me. "Just remember that we'll all understand." A smile graces my lips as I nod. The three of us stand up and Nat hands me one of the mugs.

FIVE HOURS LATER
~~~~~~~~
Everyone in the facility has been acting different towards me. Giving me concerned looks and always checking in on me to see if I'm okay. Yes, it's better than what I've endured in the past, but I still hate it. Sympathy makes me feel even more like a monster. Like they're sorry for what I have to deal with, simply because it's too much. I'm grateful that they care, but I wish they could act less like it's such a burden that talking to me could be an easier task. "Hey, Nat?" I ask, tugging on her shirt. She hums in response as she looks over to me.

"Could you get everyone together, please?"