Ch-7: Escaping the nightmares

I stared at mom, laying in the open casket, her once full of life face now pale and her once red lips are now chapped. I look around and realise where I am.
Her funeral.
Suddenly, the scene changes and am back in my room but am tied to a chair.
I look up as all my brothers enter the room. Even Cole.
"It's your fault mom died." they all start saying in unison. I shake my head. No. No it's not.
They keep on repeating that.
It's not. No. Make it stop. Make it-

I sit up, gasping for air. I look around. I am in my room. I am okay. They aren't here. Sweating profusely, I head into the washroom and splash my face with cold water. What has my life become? I splash my face with cold water a couple more times and then go back to my room and check the time. 3:30 am. It's still dark outside then. Feeling suffocated, i slip into a tee and some sweatpants and putting in my airpods and taking my phone and my skateboard, I head outside; right after I lock the front door and leave the key under the doormat incase he comes back before time.
I skate to the nearby skateboard park and once I reach it, I directly head onto the highest slope and taking a deep breath, I drop down. I do turns and tricks all around the park, not realising how much time has passed.
You might be thinking: doesn't this girl have school? I do. But my senior year hasn't started yet, so. I am 17, by the way. Almost 18.
After skating for a while, I check the time and realise it's half past 7. Woah.  I get down from the slope and realise that there are a group of guys that are looking at me in...awe ?
"What?" I snap at them.
"How did you learn to skate like that?" one guy asks.
"Self taught." I simply say. Then my eyes land on him.
Of course he won't know me.I was in disguise then.
Thunderstrike.
The guy I fought and won to.
Leaving the boys with their mouths hanging, I head back home on my skateboard.
Skateboarding was one of the many things that helped me to forget things and helped in specially escaping the nightmares that always woke me up in a cold sweat.
I have various distractions. Skateboarding is just a minor one.
I reach home before I realise it and head inside. Thankfully, he's not home yet. I take a cold shower and slip into a comfy outfit. Having no plans for the day, I decide to just relax and watch some Netflix. If only I knew that I wouldn't get to relax for long.
.
.
.
.
hope you liked this chapter :)
Sorry for any grammatical mistakes or typos x

Vote
Comment
Share