CHAPTER 2

NO ONE'S POV

Everyone always wonders what runs inside Yoo Jeongyeon's mind whenever she does her pre-game ritual.

Because whenever she has a game, Jeongyeon just sits on the bench instead of warming up. She closes her eyes until she hears the buzzer and no one knows exactly why, not her teammates nor her best friend Jihyo.

 She closes her eyes until she hears the buzzer and no one knows exactly why, not her teammates nor her best friend Jihyo

"Breathe in.....

Breathe out.....

Breathe in.....

Breathe out.....

Breathe in.....

Breathe out.....

You got this Ace! I'll be watching you up in the bleachers."

She still hears it, she still sees her face.

Yoo Jeongyeon is never fond of the crowd not even now that's she's a superstar but she loves volleyball since she was small. It was hard the first few years, the season MVP used to commit tons of error back then. She was too conscious of the people watching over her until someone took her hand, and promised she'll be there forever to support her. That's all she needs, it didn't matter if there's only one person who believes in her because that person is equal to millions, no, billions of people in this world.

She was Yoo Jeongyeon's everything.

"Breathe in,

Breathe out,

Breathe in,

Breathe out."

Until the girl disappeared.

It was hard for the first few years. It tormented her for a long time, all of a sudden her world stop. Seeing the girl with who she spent 15 years of her life disappear broke her into a million pieces. The girl is nowhere to be found now, not that Jeongyeon cares. She's past that stage but her voice in Jeongyeon's head, her face that Jeongyeon sees, is still the only thing that could calm the tension in her heart in any given situation. Jeongyeon just got used to it, because for her the girl in her imagination is not the same girl who left her.