CHAPTER 31

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon woke up in the middle of the night, even with the unfamiliar ceiling she knew where she is. She's sober enough to remember everything, even every word that Nayeon has said. The only reason why she fell asleep was she got tired of crying. She turns to her side and found her phone's screen turn's on and off, someone's calling her. Usually, she doesn't pick up a call for a number she doesn't recognize but with her hazy mind, she just pressed the button.

*INCOMING CALL : UNKNOWN NUMBER*

"Hey Jeong? It's Nayeon. I'm sorry to bother you but you suddenly left earlier. I just want to make sure you went straight home."

Jeongyeon couldn't answer her, she couldn't find the right words to say. Nayeon's voice was enough to make her cry again, to make her world go crumbling down.

"I know you're angry but I couldn't rest my mind until I make sure you're at home."

JY : "I-I'm home." She said trying hard to conceal the fact that she was in tears.

"Arraso, that's the only thing I want to hear. Don't rush yourself, I'll wait until you're ready to talk again. Good night Jeong." She drops the call.

Jeongyeon sat on the bed, she looked at the time, it was just 3 in the morning but the girl was still up. She looked at her call logs and it seems she's been calling her since she walked away from her. She took her keys and left but she made sure to leave a message to Jihyo. She didn't want her to wake up in a panic.

"Ji I went home, don't worry I'll just be in my place. You can call me when you wake up. Thanks for last night and sorry." She texted her.

-

The drive back home was serene, there's not that much car on the road

The drive back home was serene, there's not that much car on the road. It's too quiet it felt like she's the only one left in the world. Her heart was calm and her body was light it almost feels like she's flying.

After all these years, her mind was finally lucid, again.

It's like that calm day after a raging storm.

It's warm and clear but it's when the devastation sinks in.

When she reached home, she went straight to bed, she didn't have the energy to keep on standing. She stared at the blank space and just when she thought she already cried enough, the tears started to fall again.

-

Yoo Jeongyeon loved Im Nayeon in a way nobody can compare to.

She was her world, her most prized possession. Nayeon was the girl of her dreams, there was nothing you can say that can change Jeongyeon's mind. The anger just came in when she left without saying a word. Jeongyeon threw the image she has of Nayeon, the perfect girl, and replaced it with someone selfish.