CHAPTER 40

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon turns to her side and stares at her for a while.

JY : *Sighed* "You drunk too much."

NY : "I'm not, I'm just thinking of what could've been."

Then the taller girl looks back at the dark sky. Nayeon waits patiently for her response, thinking that maybe this time she can get another chance.

JY : "If you came back 5 years earlier. I would've hugged you like I used to."

All Nayeon could do is lower her head, she thought it'll be fine to talk about this kind of thing but she's pushing herself way too much on it. 

But what could she do if she still loves the girl next to her? 

Is it wrong if she's still hoping?

JY : "I wished I was like Dahyun and Chaeyoung who completely forgotten how painful it was to get left behind and without a doubt without any hesitation just welcomes you, or at least like Jihyo who believed that a day like this would come, a day where you'll be with us again. Who was strong enough to forgive just so you could go back to what you used to be but I'm not like them. You know why Nay? Because you're half of....." The taller girl chuckles. 

"It'll be an understatement to say you were half of what I used to be because we all knew you were all that I am

"It'll be an understatement to say you were half of what I used to be because we all knew you were all that I am. I understand that you have your own problems but you're still late and everything has already changed. I spent 7 years believing in things that made me hate you, that's why when you came back I didn't even want to see your face or hear your voice. It'll be a gamble we wouldn't want to take. We could be friends but there's no assurance we'll ever be the same as ages ago."

Nayeon felt the weight of her heart became heavier, it's like it's gonna drop off its place soon. She loves Jeongyeon, she never even stopped. Nayeon's always thought it'll be Jeongyeon until her last day. Hearing her say that it's not something they wouldn't want again, broke her heart.

NY : "Haha sorry, I shouldn't have bought it up. You already told me about this and here I am bugging you again about it."

The only thing she could do was laugh it off and pretend it didn't hurt.

JY : "Gwenchana, at least we're matured about it. Ohhh you run out of beer."

NY : "Maja, I should get more."

JY : "Just sit down, I need to go to the restroom. I'll grab you more on my way back."

NY : "You sure? I thought you're gonna stop me."

JY : "Nah, you can drink as much as you want. I'm not your mom haha, just make sure you don't throw up in my shirt."

NY : "As if I would haha. Gomawoyo."