CHAPTER 7

NO ONE'S POV

The dawn was breaking, the sunlight was directly hitting her face. Somehow it has gotten through this small space between her dark curtains. Well, it's not like it's something new.

Yoo Jeongyeon has been waking up like this for a long time now

She got out of bed and immediately she felt the cold breeze embracing her but nothing really bothers her anymore. She forgot how emotions work but no worries, she's not numb. Her feelings are still intact, in fact, she could feel the pain gets more and more painful with each passing day. All she does is cry and breakdown, she gets to laugh whenever she's with her friends but once she's all alone her whole world collapse in the painful memories of her past. There's nothing in this world that could ever top the feelings she felt when a certain someone disappeared on her.

She brushed her teeth, wash her face, and put her hoodie on. She goes down the building and started running next to Han river like she always does.

Jeongyeon's morning always starts like this, doesn't matter if she was tired from practicing or if she was drunk the night before. She always wakes up when the dawn is breaking, the only time she doesn't is when the pain is too much to bear. Usually, it happens around 3 am when she's calmly sleeping when she's at her most vulnerable, and when she's not prepared. It comes like an uninvited guest, you don't want it but you have to deal with them. It's either a memory of that girl or just an uncomfortable sensation tearing her heart apart.

And she always wonders, in this whole world is she the only one waking up with in a tired body? Is there someone out there who wakes up to the feeling of emptiness inside them?

-

After a long run, she usually makes up her breakfast before heading to practice. She turns the lights off and looked at her empty living room one last time. Sometimes when her brains want to f*ck her up, she'll remember a memory of the girl right before she leaves thus the moody mornings and unapproachable day.

[BAR]

Alcohol doesn't really do anything for her anymore. It doesn't help in numbing the pain nor forgetting her past, in fact, it makes her remember all the unwanted memories but it's something she got used to. To put it simply, her brain forces her to believe that alcohol still helps but her heart knows even getting intoxicated is not enough to make the pain go away.

HYUNA : "Aren't you early for tonight?"

JY : "Is there a right time for alcohol? Haha."

HA: "Well , you do have a point. So what it is today? Remembered your ex?"

JY : "As if, I'm way past that point."

HA : "Ohhh haha if you say so."

Jeongyeon got a few drinks, she always runs here since the owner is a family friend, Hyuna is like a big sister to her and Jihyo since she was little.