CHAPTER 5

MINA'S POV

Waking up after a night of Jeongyeon drinking is always the same. You wouldn't find her in any corner of my place, and no matter how early I try to wake up she's always gone the moment I open my eyes. I tried asking her once, she said whenever she wakes up from passing out she just goes. No matter what time it is, no matter how dark it still outside.

But apart from her crashing the night and disappearing like she's a magician. She always leaves me breakfast, it's either rice or noodles. It's been like this for almost a year, she would cook something and leave it in my dining area with a note that has "Sorry & Thank you -Jeong" written on it.

She used sorry more than the time she asks me how am I doing.

-

Today is the start of their regular training for the upcoming season, not that Jeongyeon would stop going out. She doesn't, it doesn't matter if it's a local league or an international competition. It really depends if she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed or not.

It's a relief that most of the people in the bar that she usually goes to know her and protect her identity.

-

I don't really have to come to work early. I do have an office in the gym but my work with them is really just on-call but I spend most of my days in here since I enjoy being around them, around her.

*Mianhae mianhae hajima, Naega chorahaeji janha (TR : Don't be sorry, That makes me more pitiful)*

*Ppalgan yeppeun ipsullo, Eoseo nareul jugigo ga, Naneun gwaenchanha (TR : With your pretty red lips. Please hurry, kill me and go)*

You'll know Jeongyeon is already in the gym, when you hear Taeyang's Eyes, Nose, Lips on repeat, blasting on the overhead speaker of the enclosed space. She's always the first one to get here, she spends more time here than her actual place.

And many people think that Yoo Jeongyeon plays her game without warming up but a few know the truth. She always practices an hour or two then stays seated for 30 minutes before the start.

Yoo Jeongyeon is gifted, she's smart, kind, and athletic but far from everyone thought. She didn't wake up one day having this unbelievable talent in volleyball. She worked hard for what she's known now and she's still working hard for it. She might be broken but when it comes to volleyball she still gives it her all.

 She might be broken but when it comes to volleyball she still gives it her all

-

I walked into the court and saw her, practicing her service. She's smiling a lot today, another day where she forgets her pain.

JY : "Ohayo doc!"

MN : "Ohayo Jeong, up early?"

JY : "Couldn't sleep last night. Why are you early today?"