CHAPTER 38

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon hurriedly put her jacket on, she started making her way down the hotel. At first, she was just walking, then it gets faster and faster until she was already running. It's not like she has to rush over to her, she forgot what Jihyo has said, 

Jeongyeon is waiting.

It was already dark and everyone was already inside. The night was already deep and the village is already asleep but she feels her heart burning as if the sun is still up. She tried calling her but the taller girl didn't pick up. She continued running around with her phone in her ear, then she thought going up the stairs that lead to the Guryongpo park. Maybe if she stands where she could see the sea she'll find Jeongyeon.

-

She was making her way up the stairs when a familiar silhouette right on top appeared, Nayeon slowly takes a step up one after the other, she continued until she finally confirms that it was Jeongyeon standing in front of her. She stops halfway and just looked at the taller girl.

"I can't forgive you," Jeongyeon said taking a step down

"For the past 7 years...

I couldn't forgive you...

I see you whenever I close my eyes, I hear you on my lowest, at times I'm almost breaking apart.

I hate how it's still an image of you who calms me down.

I hate how I can't bring myself to forget what you did.

I hate how everything is still about you.

I hate how I have to be the one who wakes up in the middle of the night just to be reminded that I lost you.

Those memories of us, of you, always haunted me...

I couldn't forgive you for giving me a life not worthy of waking up to...

I couldn't forgive you for leaving me after loving me the way you did...

I couldn't forgive you for breaking me to the point I don't know what living means...

I couldn't forgive you for those things, yet." By this time Jeongyeon's just a few steps away from the older girl.

NY : "Jeong I'm sor--"

Jeongyeon suddenly grab her and engulfed her in a embrace, it took her by surprise she just stood still.

JY : "Stop saying sorry for what you did, stop asking for forgiveness when there's nothing wrong in what you did.... I......

I also can't forgive myself, Nayeon.

I can't forgive myself for not noticing what you were going through.

I can't forgive myself for blaming everything on you.