Siren

Prompt by: @Rainbow_The_Snake  thank you!
———-

In ancient times it was believed that humans shared the waters with what they call sirens, or in todays world mermaids. But not many believe they exist in today's world. You are called crazy or insane if you believe in such silly things.

But Joey drew didn't care what people called him. He was obsessed with the folklore and made it his life's passion to Capture one and study it. It's has tones or books about it in his lab. Tones of notes from him and others, tones of newspapers clips of sightings of them and tones of theory articles all hung up everywhere.

He was planning on going out to sea sometime soon and begged the University to send him a few things. A big team of scientist, a ship, and a couple million dollars for the research.

  They wasn't going to waste money and scientist for for a silly theory but they did give him a bit. They sent him five Thousand dollars only, a small boat and a team of three scientist for him which are Susie Campbell. Been at the University for a little over a year. She doesn't fully believe but he momma told her the stories when she was growing up and she wanted to see if there real. The second person was Norman Polk who was respected in the chemistry world. He didn't believe in mermaids and was only hear because of the payment they would pay. The last one Audrey who
Was fresh outta high school and wanted to do this fun project before getting serious with her astronomy studies.

The three meet the insane Joey drew out by the boat. They knew him well by chatter of other teasing about him. "Hello. Thank you all for coming." He shook each other hands as they Introduce themselves to him.

"Right. Now let's on that boat." Joey ordered.

Each other the three went on the boat. They put there food and drinks in the cooler below deck, sat down and soon they were off to search. 

Joey stirred the boat where they'd been multiple sightings in recent years. People called it mermaids Lagoon. It was a beautiful spot we're the lake was surrounded but cliffs and hills except on the tiny way you go in and out.

Some say you can see the mermaids swimming underneath you. Others say they'd herd the singing and wanted to follow it. Many people had face to face interactions. And some just went missing here.

Joey stopped the boat and dropped the anchor. "Norman. You get the camera ready. Susie, Audrey get the net down."

The girls went to the net and begins to lower it as Norman set up the camera. Joey looks around to see if he could see anything. Nothing.

All day they waited and watched but found nothing. Susie were all so bored she begins watching YouTube videos. Norman at lest brought a book to pass the time. And Audrey decided to take a nap.

The day stretched into the night. By now they were all tired and wanted to get home. Norman kept trying to talk Joey into leaving and finally won around midnight.

"Alright." Joey sighs defeated. "Bring in the anchor" Norman nodded and went to where it was. But he startled back at what was near it. "Oh my god!"

"What?!" Susie sat up from the way Norman sounded. She turned and saw it.

Audrey herd there voices and came to see what they were talking About. When she saw it her eyes widened. "Joey! Come quick!"

Joey rushed over. "What?! What was -" Joey saw what they were looking out. "it.."

There were all looking at a beautiful male siren. It's eyes were the color of ocean blue. It's hair was blonde and long. It's it's smile was sweet.

But Joey wasn't fooled by its charm. He knew they were evil soulless creatures who murdered. "Get it!" He ordered.

  The siren went back under water just as Norman was about to grabbed it. "Damn it!" Norman yelled.

"Where'd it go!" Susie asked looking frantically in the pitch Black Sea.

"I don't know!" Audrey answered.

Joey had rushes below deck and came back with a powerful flashlight. He turned it on and pointed the beam of light in the water around. "There it is! Careful!" Joey called out.

Susie shoot a dart at it but missed. The siren swam the other way, trying to get away but ended to swimming in the net.

"We got it!" Joey yelled in Triumph. "Now come and help me!" They all came and pulled the net up. The thing hissed and swiped at them. It even bit poor Norman. They  eventually got him inside a glass tank for the ride back to the lab.

"Drinks in me tonight y'all!" Joey cheered. "After a nice rest."

They get to there lab and dragged the siren in the enclosed cage. It was large enough to swim around but he couldn't escape back into the ocean.

Before Joey went home for the night he came to the glass windows on the second floor below and watched the now pissed off siren. " I finally captured one"