They have to know

Ok so I'm not going to cover Ozpin's and Salem's origin so instead here's a brief summary. So Salem is locked in a tower and Ozpin back then known and Ozma goes to save her and he does. They fall in love Ozma dies and Salem does everything to bring to him. This includes fucking with literal gods. So Salem sees Ozma for a little bit due to the god of death then she brings every human around who attacks the gods using magic and then after that everyone dies except for Salem because she cursed to never die. Years later Ozma comes back to life and reunites with Salem they begin to rule remnant they have kids Ozma wants to get devoured and also wants to take the kids. Salem finds out and nearly kills Ozma who dies of old age and spends a life by drinking himself to death then he becomes a man with a family and then becomes his season one to three Ozpin. Alright well now that's over let's get to the story. 

So everyone comes out of the artifact and everyone looks at Ozpin angry and confused but Storminus feels worse than he did before he falls to his knees and begins to puke innermost energon. No one notices Storminus other than Beetle and Eclipse who help him to a tree for him to sit against.

Beetle: That was a lot of energon. 

Storminus: Yeah trust me I know I felt it come up. 

Eclipse: We need to take a look at the nexus we need to see the damage. 

Storminus: Alright just tell me how bad it is. 

Storminus opens his chest revealing the Nexus. The right side has a few cuts, not too bad but the left side is covered by a large crack. 

Storminus: So from a scale one to ten how bad is it? 

Eclipse: I would say a solid eight. 

Beetle: I would bet more on a nine. 

Ruby looks over and sees Storminus weak against the tree and walks over with the others behind her. 

Qrow: Storminus what... What's wrong with your thing? 

Storminus: That's right you haven't seen the nexus well here it is. I usually take better care of it but I have some bad news.

Yang: Well what is it? 

Storminus: I will tell you when we get somewhere safe I promise. 

Blake: Just like Ozpin your keeping secrets from us. 

Storminus: I don't want you guys to worry about me and more grimm could be nearby.

Ruby: Then we will take care of them. 

Weiss: I'm sure whatever is wrong with the nexus Kable can fix it. 

Storminus: The only one that can fix this is Primus and without a cybertron it's stuck like this. 

As another crack forms Storminus screams in pain. 

Beetle: Storminus close your chest it might be able to slow the cracks down. 

Storminus closes his chest. 

Qrow: Storminus what was that? 

Storminus: I might as well tell you here. 

Storminus takes a deep breath.

Storminus: I-I'm dying. 

Everyone takes a step back in shock. 

Ruby: Storminus what do you mean we've seen you come back from the dead? 

Yang: Yeah nothing can keep you down. 

Storminus: I could come back if the nexus wasn't damaged. 

Weiss: Can we replace it? 

Storminus: No and if the nexus breaks then I die because the nexus is my spark my heart it's me. 

Blake: Eclipse there has to be something we can do! 

Eclipse: Without Alpha Trion or Primus Storminus is doomed there's nothing anyone can do. 

Qrow: Here we should find somewhere to stay for now at least. 

Storminus: I agree here I will lead. 

Ruby: Nope. 

Storminus: What do you mean by nope? 

Ruby: I mean that until you see Kable you won't be lifting a finger. 

Storminus: Oh really what are you going to do carry me? 

Eclipse transforms into his robot mode and grabs Storminus. 

Eclipse: Nope I will. 

Storminus: Alright I'm going to take a stasis nap. Who knows maybe that can slow my doom as you call down a little. 

Eclipse: I hope it can. 

Storminus drifts off into stasis lock. 

Ruby: Eclipse has this ever happened before? 

Eclipse: No I'm scared for Storminus but he's doing one of the many things he's good at. 

Weiss: And what would that be?

Eclipse: Being strong for others. 

Yang: He shouldn't have to, he should just rest and let us protect him. 

Eclipse: If I know Storminus he won't let anything stop him from protecting his friends. 

Our heroes arrive at some abandoned ranch and try to find shelter.