Monarch of the Ruins

-Third Person POV-

Ahri was sitting on the grass of her backyard, still wondering what to do. Both Mizu and Cerberus were around her, mostly trying to not kill each other; and Snowball was sitting in front of her with a sad expression. The two Zinogres didn't really know her that well, but they knew that Kei'ral highly appreciate her and that was enough for them to feel a connection. On the other hand, Mizu knew her a little better, though her connection came just from her being the daughter of her friend.

By that time, the Star Guardians were already gone. The only ones left in the house were Shyvana, Kai'sa, Kai'sel and her parents. Giving the situation that Kai'sel was living, the Luminaro family offered them to stay for as long as they needed.

This didn't really help Ahri that much. No matter how it wasn't really her fault, to her, it was. The feeling of not being able to do what she wanted, even when she already came to the conclusion to not carry everything in her shoulders, old habits die hard. Kei'ral running away obviously made her worry, but most importantly, it made her feel unnecessary.

While his intentions were to not hurt anyone in his moments of instability, Ahri couldn't change her mind. Stubborn by nature, having an idea in her head meant that she wouldn't change her mind, for better or worse.

Shyvana: So, what's next?

With her thoughts interrupted, Ahri turned to see the half wyvern with the same troubled eyes she had kept since he ran away earlier. It wasn't even sunset, so the day felt eternal to her.

Ahri: I don't know.

Shyvana: We are not going after him?

Ahri: Of course! It's just... I don't know if we'll be able to find him again.

Shyvana: That's a terrible excuse and you know it.

Ahri: Leave me alone for a while, I still have a lot in mind.

Shyvana: So do I, but that won't stop me from doing what it has to be done.

The fox girl stayed in silence, glancing at her bandaged hands.

Shyvana: If it is for those wounds, then you are way weaker than I thought you were.

Ahri: It's not about physical pain.

Shyvana: Does it matter? Even if it hurts, there's things that need to be done.

Ahri: Why do you keep pushing?

Shyvana: My reasons may be "weaker" than yours, but I still want to find him. I do not love him, not the way you do, but he's everything I have in this world. An equal, someone that understands what it is to be this... thing. Maybe even an explanation to what I am. He might not be the love of my life, he might not be my family, but he might be the closest thing I could have to those things now that I don't have anything. I'm sure you see my connection with him weaker, and it might be, but I assure you that doesn't mean I'll just give up when things got difficult. So, if I, that don't have a bond that strong with him, want to keep pushing until the very end, why would you not?

The fox girl stayed in silence once more, leaving the wyvern girl displeased.

Shyvana: I'm going out there to look for him one more time. And I'm not coming back without him, he needs help, even if he's scared of receiving it.

She didn't waste any other word, it was just a burst of flames, the powerful flapping of her wings and then silence.

Not being good enough, that has become the burden to Ahri's life for a while now. Her parents knew this, and now even Kai'sa and her mother were aware of it, the four of them were watching the fox girl from the entrance of the house. But soon after their attention shifted towards something else, the sound of an animal walking on the wooden floor. A white fox was walking towards them with something between his fangs, being careful to not damage it.