Equals

-Shyvana POV-

As I looked outside of the cave, the extensive wastelands displayed themselves until the horizon. Behind us was more of the same, though beyond it was the center of the continent. But that place doesn't concern me at all, I don't think the people in there will be fine with having a wyvern woman walking freely through the streets.

Soon enough, Kei'ral walked beside me and stood still, watching the landscape in front of us. Thought he was considerably better now than seven hours ago; his body and mind might be starting to lose control again. Luckily, we didn't have to look that far from here.

Me: We are going over there.

I said while pointing to the north of our location, essentially to the left of the entrance of the cave. He looked at the area and noticed the curious formation of rocks over there. It was as if an explosion had pushed the rocks away, crystalizing the sand around them and making them look as an impenetrable wall of giant needles.

Kei'ral: I noticed that formation of glass and rocks before while tracking the Rathian that lived in the oasis. Didn't want to mess with whatever was inside there, but now you are telling me that there's a Teostra in there?

Me: Yes, and be ready, you never know if those cats are married.

Kei'ral: Any backup plan if a Lunastra interrupts the fight?

Me: Then you are getting help from me.

Kei'ral: Wait, you are not fighting until then?

Me: This is supposed to push YOU to the limits, I already conquered the virus a while ago.

Kei'ral: Wait wait wait. You are a hybrid of an Azure Dreadking Rathalos and on top of that, you became an Apex?

Me: Yes, now let's go.

The cave was in the middle of a cliff, only accessible by air. I think it's obvious why did I choose this place to stay. As I jumped from the edge, I let my body be covered in my own flames. Feeling the sudden changes in my body taking place. My muscles expanded, my skin was covered in more scales, my arms turned into gigantic wings. My entire body changed in a flash of flames, now being several times bigger and obviously more powerful. I used my wings to stabilize myself in the middle of the fall and recover my height. Seconds later I was back on the entrance, flying in front of it.

Kei'ral stood there admiring my new form, his face was showing how surprised he was

Kei'ral: I knew you would look impressive, but this is beyond what I was expecting.

I signaled for him to jump into my back, turning around and flying close to the edge of the cave. He jumped to my back with ease and I could feel how he grabbed some of my spikes to secure himself.

Kei'ral: I'm ready!

Hearing this, I started to fly towards the arena of his next battle. My plan is to force him to his limits by fighting something that's beyond his capabilities, though there's a huge chance of him being overwhelmed by the beast. This is extremely dangerous, and the entire fight will be decided if he receives a couple of hits from the Elder Dragon. Normally something like this would be suicide for someone like him, and even now, this IS suicide. But due to the situation of him already dying slowly, there's not that much margin for us to work. This is going to be simple, it's either he managed to conquer the virus and becomes an Apex to stand his ground against the Teostra, or he dies hopelessly.